Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 martin check it out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnfrazier View Post
    I love Martin bows, but the 2013 line up is a big disappointment to me.
    I understand that maybe a couple of favorites are missing this year, but I thought it was a pretty good showing... And some much needed re-tooling of Martin's marketing strategy. Would you like to elaborate on your disappointment? Just curious as to why, that's all.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Don't care for the split limb bows. I have always loved Martin bows because they didn't do what everyone else has.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I can understand. I figured there would be some grief over the addition of split limbs. I personally don't have enough archery experience to have a valid opinion on the matter. I'll have to wait untill I own one to pass judgement; having only shot a couple of split limb bows, a few arrows through each, doesn't give me an honest feel for the breed overall.

I wish that they had offered the split limb as an option, that way you could compare, say an Alien with to an Alien without and see which you prefer... maybe next year
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

If I see another post about "These bows aren't fast enough" I think I'm going to flip right out. I mean seriously is this all people care about? Buy a firgin rifle is you want speed. Shooting and hunting with archery equipment is soooooooooo much more than how fast the arrow comes out. And it is NOT the only way a company can move forward. If that is the case, we will eventually loose the connection with the projectile which is what makes archery so cool to begin with. If you need the bows to be any faster than they already are (> 300 fps) you are in the wrong sport. PSE, Mathews and Bowtech will be glad to have you. Rant over.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I believe they were very wise to offer some in solid and some in split limb. It gives Martin a whole new look. But one thing I would say I have had both split limb and solid limb bows come through the shop. They both have their issues. I like both. But won't make judgement until I look and shoot them.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    If I see another post about "These bows aren't fast enough" I think I'm going to flip right out. I mean seriously is this all people care about? Buy a firgin rifle is you want speed. Shooting and hunting with archery equipment is soooooooooo much more than how fast the arrow comes out. And it is NOT the only way a company can move forward. If that is the case, we will eventually loose the connection with the projectile which is what makes archery so cool to begin with. If you need the bows to be any faster than they already are (> 300 fps) you are in the wrong sport. PSE, Mathews and Bowtech will be glad to have you. Rant over.
    Agree. It is the same people complaining about the bows not being fast enough, that were complaining that the bows didn't hit advertised speed. Now that they will hit advertised speed, they aren't fast enough. What a cycle
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Agree. It is the same people complaining about the bows not being fast enough, that were complaining that the bows didn't hit advertised speed. Now that they will hit advertised speed, they aren't fast enough. What a cycle
    I agree 100%, I have'nt found a critter thats quick enough to duck an arrow out of my OLD 2006 Martin Slayer, and it just makes 300fps!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Can we get a confirmation that the Onza XT is a 7" BH. The current XT and Onza are spec'd at 7.25"
    Good point! I think this must be a typo.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Now that I can understand. I figured there would be some grief over the addition of split limbs. I personally don't have enough archery experience to have a valid opinion on the matter. I'll have to wait untill I own one to pass judgement; having only shot a couple of split limb bows, a few arrows through each, doesn't give me an honest feel for the breed overall.

I wish that they had offered the split limb as an option, that way you could compare, say an Alien with to an Alien without and see which you prefer... maybe next year
    If I am reading the catalog correctly - the Alien and the Blade are available with single or twin limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    If I am reading the catalog correctly - the Alien and the Blade are available with single or twin limbs.
    I think page is just pointing out the features of all bows. If they were to offer both, they would need to versions of the riser because of the roto cup on the solid and then how the split pivot has a bolt threaded through the riser.

I'm think I'll be passing on a 2013 for now and going ahead with tuning the bajesus out of the Bengal and getting some custom threads on it. Want to see how much I can get out of this bad boy with the Fury XT cam on it and then look at getting an XT later in the year or for the 2014 year.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff