Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 martin check it out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I think page is just pointing out the features of all bows. If they were to offer both, they would need to versions of the riser because of the roto cup on the solid and then how the split pivot has a bolt threaded through the riser.

I'm think I'll be passing on a 2013 for now and going ahead with tuning the bajesus out of the Bengal and getting some custom threads on it. Want to see how much I can get out of this bad boy with the Fury XT cam on it and then look at getting an XT later in the year or for the 2014 year.
    I think you're right, if you look under the description of features, at the bottom of the page it continues to list the options for the bow on the opposite page...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I think page is just pointing out the features of all bows. If they were to offer both, they would need to versions of the riser because of the roto cup on the solid and then how the split pivot has a bolt threaded through the riser.

I'm think I'll be passing on a 2013 for now and going ahead with tuning the bajesus out of the Bengal and getting some custom threads on it. Want to see how much I can get out of this bad boy with the Fury XT cam on it and then look at getting an XT later in the year or for the 2014 year.
    I think you're wrong on this. After taking a careful look at how the split limbs are supported and attached to the riser it looks like thr rockers under the limb are not much more than a Roto-cup with different machining. The side support are not there and there is a spacer machined to fit between the limbs to keep them properly spaced. The axle (E-clips) keeps the cam end from spreading. The piece at the butt end is nothing more than a machined end cap that keeps the ends in alignment and from spreading while giving a surface for the limb bolt to do it's job (much like the bezel used on the solid limbs).

So for those who haven't noticed I'm going to say that any bow in the present 2013 catalog that has these end caps and rockers is going to be a split limb model.
    That would include the Alien, Nemisis, P4, and the Blade X4. I would also like to say to those who think Martin should go one way or the other that I think what they are doing makes good sense. They are easing into the split limb business with enough bows to interest a lot of people yet keep some popular solid limb offerins of the past. With the present rocker system I believe the leave the door open to go slid or split with almost every bow in their line-up if the demand warrants, and possibly offer several in either configuration on request.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

As usuall Brother Fisher, you are right on the mark (as far as I can see )

I believe this year's lineup is a great stab at a bigger market share. As I posted earlier, there is a bow for everyone, long, short, solid, split, faster, slower, etc.

And I don't think its too far off the mark to say that the bows could maybe be ordered in either flavor of limb, if it were asked, just like you were gonna order a Pantera last year with the Nitro 2 cams...

If they had also included the option of some frilly pink camo option in a couple of the ligher bows, I think it would have been a perfectly rounded lineup.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Did someone say frilly pink martin bow? With pink accessories?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I think you're wrong on this. After taking a careful look at how the split limbs are supported and attached to the riser it looks like thr rockers under the limb are not much more than a Roto-cup with different machining. The side support are not there and there is a spacer machined to fit between the limbs to keep them properly spaced. The axle (E-clips) keeps the cam end from spreading. The piece at the butt end is nothing more than a machined end cap that keeps the ends in alignment and from spreading while giving a surface for the limb bolt to do it's job (much like the bezel used on the solid limbs).

So for those who haven't noticed I'm going to say that any bow in the present 2013 catalog that has these end caps and rockers is going to be a split limb model.
    That would include the Alien, Nemisis, P4, and the Blade X4. I would also like to say to those who think Martin should go one way or the other that I think what they are doing makes good sense. They are easing into the split limb business with enough bows to interest a lot of people yet keep some popular solid limb offerins of the past. With the present rocker system I believe the leave the door open to go slid or split with almost every bow in their line-up if the demand warrants, and possibly offer several in either configuration on request.
    So are you saying that if a bow is shown with split limbs in the catalog, you would be able to have it in solid as well or the other way around?
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

In the catalog - the second page for each bow model shows the features for that model.
    For the Alien and the Blade - the feature's page shows both the X4 Twin limb and the Powertuff limb icon/discription.
    All the rest of the models only show one or the other limb style/icon.
    So - either these two models are offered with either limbs -
    or-
    the catalog needs proofed again...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Martin bows

bfisher I am pretty sure the alien and the nemesis can probably be fitted with both the split and the solid lambs by changing out the Roto cup. but I have had both the Phantom X4 and the blade X4 in my hands and they have a completely different split limb Roto cup. It is actually part of the riser that you see between the lambs on the Phantom and the blade and the Roto cups Bolt to the riser at that point. I hope I haven't got everybody confused

joelc

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    In the catalog - the second page for each bow model shows the features for that model.
    For the Alien and the Blade - the feature's page shows both the X4 Twin limb and the Powertuff limb icon/discription.
    All the rest of the models only show one or the other limb style/icon.
    So - either these two models are offered with either limbs -
    or-
    the catalog needs proofed again...

We are not offering any bow with the option of solid or split limb design. Each model is clearly marked with the limb style available. The pages that you are referring to on the Alien and Blade are the outline of features available on the entire lineup of either the Rytera series or Gold series...notice how both models are the first in each lineup. The bow features for each of those two models are listed at the bottom of each page.

I'm sure there are plenty of other mistakes made in the catalog that weren't caught by proof reading but the limb choices aren't one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelc View Post
    We are not offering any bow with the option of solid or split limb design. Each model is clearly marked with the limb style available. The pages that you are referring to on the Alien and Blade are the outline of features available on the entire lineup of either the Rytera series or Gold series...notice how both models are the first in each lineup. The bow features for each of those two models are listed at the bottom of each page.

I'm sure there are plenty of other mistakes made in the catalog that weren't caught by proof reading but the limb choices aren't one of them.
    I guess this answers a lot of the questions above. I would also have to assume that orders from the custom shop will be limited. Anyway, thanks for clearing up some of the above questions.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

joelc

I guess this answers a lot of the questions above. I would also have to assume that orders from the custom shop will be limited. Anyway, thanks for clearing up some of the above questions.
    I think you could technically make the conversion if you were willing to spend the bucks but there is probably another model that would be very close to the desired specs. The limb lengths are shorter for split vs. solid so you might run into issues there as well. I haven't heard of any mention of "custom shop" this year so I would assume the choices are quite limited or not available.