Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me stay with Martin Bows! Teen Bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me stay with Martin Bows! Teen Bow.

I had a chat with my father last night about my sons rifle hunt. After about 45 minutes of talking he brought up that he needs to go out with daddy bow hunting where theirs less competition and more game and less pressure. I agreed. So dad tells me....Why don't you pick the proper bow that will grow with him, that will last him several years and He would pay for the entire setup. ( I was screaming inside for joy). He said it will be grandma and pa's Christmas gift to him. He can't get it till Christmas but needs to start working on his accuracy and building strength so he can pull over 40 pounds with accuracy.

You guys and gals know that I'm a Diehard Martin / Rytera loyalist. I measured my sons DL several times with his genesis and a Release. Measures to the Berger hole, he is 23 inches. I measure to the belly of the bow, its 23.5 inches. I don't see a teen "real" hunting bow that will fit the bill for my son. If I don't go with Martin I'll be buying a Diamond Infinite edge or a Darton Ranger X

Diamond Infinite edge
    http://www.diamondarchery.com/#/prod..._products&i=42

Draw length from 13 to30 and a weight of 50 to 70 pounds

Darton ranger X

http://www.dartonarchery.com/2012_Ranger-X.html

Draw length 17-28 Draw weight 15-50

What's you opinions? I want to stay all Martin. But the DL might be an issue.
    Last edited by Double S; 10-25-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

out of the 2 options i would go with diamond if you cant go marting.just a mean looking bow compaired to the other

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    out of the 2 options i would go with diamond if you cant go marting.just a mean looking bow compaired to the other
    x2
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

After buying a youth bow for my granson amd seeing him out grow it in a few years, I'd get the Martin that you really want him to have, and just tie a longer D loop to make up the small discrepency in draw length.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Same advice we give everyone else. Gotta go with what fits/feels best. The Martin path is going to have to be something with the FuryXT to get that weight range. I think the shorted draw might be a 24-24.5?
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I hear yah with trying the bow before buying it. It's hard to in my area specially when it's a newer model just getting ready to be released. A lot of dealers in my area won't order the bow unless you purchase it first. They can't afford to stock a lot of bows. I was looking at the Prowler which starts at 24.5 inches DL., 30 ATA with a 7 inch BH. Martin does have the Threshold in a youth model starting at 23.5 inches with a 40 DW. But there's something about it I'm not sure of. Anybody have first hand experience with the threshold?. I wonder If I should go with the Prowler because he's growing like a bean stalk anyways. I like the looks of the prowler!. My son loves skulls so we could get him the prowler in Skullz.
    Last edited by Double S; 10-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i just think the threshhold is a ugly bow.dont know why but it is to me.if a bow dont look good,shoot good then i for one would not buy it.even if it was ugly and shot great i still would not buy.

you know as well as anyone here that if something just aint right then dont bite.
    you will find a perfect match for your boy no matter the brand.

Post Thanks / Like

@simplelife. I took a look at the Mission riot. That's a good looking bow. 399 I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    x3

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really liking the Specs on the Bear archery Outbreak. I might get the ready to hunt package.

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/b...pound/outbreak