Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me stay with Martin Bows! Teen Bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default threshold

I just got my nephew a new '10 threshold. Yup, its ugly has a big handle but has alot of room in the draw length. I will be setting it up this weekend. It is a good buy for someone who is bow-curious. $115.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to your Nephew. Your a great uncle!. if you have time..see if you can post pics of it when your done.
    Thanks,
    Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I just got my nephew a new '10 threshold. Yup, its ugly has a big handle but has alot of room in the draw length. I will be setting it up this weekend. It is a good buy for someone who is bow-curious. $115.

Post Thanks / Like

This may sound crazy but look at the Alpine Ruckus. 22-28 DL, DW 35-50. Alpin is a small company and has great CS.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

The Threshold might not be the most technically advanced bow in the world, but it's sure hard to beat for the price, especially for somebody just starting out or maybe upgrading from something 20 or more years old.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I called my dealer, he has a PSE chaos in stock. I told him I might head over in a couple days if he still has the bow to check it out. I had him call Martin Archery about the 2012 Prowler. He couldn't get an exact date on when the new bows will ship...all they said was 3-4 weeks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    @simplelife. I took a look at the Mission riot. That's a good looking bow. 399 I believe.
    mission bows look good, shoot good, and are cheap and very adjustable, but they are somewhat heavy, the craze may be the lightest one they make, there are tons of youth and women shooting diamond bows, that might be the way to go, but the idea of a longer d loop is an option as well if you want him shooting a martin. and the 2012 exile and prowler are light bows thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like

I called my dealer, he has a PSE chaos in stock. I told him I might head over in a couple days if he still has the bow to check it out. I had him call Martin Archery about the 2012 Prowler. He couldn't get an exact date on when the new bows will ship...all they said was 3-4 weeks.
    the chaos is a great bow hard to beat pse right now there doing alot of good things.

Post Thanks / Like

My son almost chose a Bear Outbreak, Mission Riot. But he decided to go with a black 2012 Bengal. This is a Christmas present from grandma and grandpa. We are keeping the house martin Compound bows. lol.

We'll start out at 45 pounds. that's what he's pulling now. We will work on it until I deem him fit for hunting in September. NO More ORANGE ARMY CRAP!.

Post Thanks / Like

My son almost chose a Bear Outbreak, Mission Riot. But he decided to go with a black 2012 Bengal. This is a Christmas present from grandma and grandpa. We are keeping the house martin Compound bows. lol.

We'll start out at 45 pounds. that's what he's pulling now. We will work on it until I deem him fit for hunting in September. NO More ORANGE ARMY CRAP!.
    I hear you there ! All done with my grandson's hunting year, another strike out, but no one got shot either! Hate that ORANGE ARMY!!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade