Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "pee yew! you stink."

Post Thanks / Like

Default "pee yew! you stink."

Thats what my wife said when I came in from hunting the other day. She stoppped smoking a year ago and now has a bionic nose. What she did not know is that I was trying out different scent free anti perspirant deoderant. Evidently that brand did not work. So, what brand are y'all using?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying out all redhead scent elimination products this year and so far been busted more then not this when deer have been down wind so I would not recommend it it even has a flowery smell to it that is not native to my woods....
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a thought. My mom used to make soap and sell them @ fairs. If i can get some oil from the mexican juniper or texas crotan (dove weed) she could make some cover soap. Any ideas on hhow to extract the oil from a plant?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

Post Thanks / Like

Using a Scent Blocker system (Dream Season pack) from Dick's this year. Usually run Hunter's Specialties Green soap and their laundry wash. I use a Primos fresh earth with silver infusion for a cover spray and Conquest Evercalm for more cover. When I shot my buck and when I called the one in on the morning sit, both came from down wind. When I shot the buck, he was still down wind. Pretty happy with my scent elimination for this year and have been since I've started deer hunting.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I wash with regular soaps and shampoo's and use regular deodorant. When i get out to the field i put TrophyBlend Deer scents on...That's pretty much it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Arm&Hammer Free to wash clothes with and Sent-a-Way green bar soap with deodorant on myself. I use Sent-a-Way spray before going to my stand, I was wearing my British camo NBC suit when I shot my deer this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    I just had a thought. My mom used to make soap and sell them @ fairs. If i can get some oil from the mexican juniper or texas crotan (dove weed) she could make some cover soap. Any ideas on how to extract the oil from a plant?
    I would think that if you were to simmer the plant in water for a few hours that the oils would seperate and float, then jusk skim it off. Let us know how well it works.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I used Scent Killer spray this year, and had scent away soap and deoderant... seemed to do the trick. Course we also had an outdoor shower this year with propane heat my wife was not nearly as "put off" when I came home lol!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Deer dander

I posted several months ago about an attractant/cover scent called DEER DANDER. I wash my colthes in unscented, scent eliminaton wash. Have tried several brands, they all work to some degree.
    I wash myself with unscented/scent eliminating soap....hunters Specialties, or similar. I also use scent elimination deodorant/antipersperant......... but the key is a cover or masking scent, to add to all of the above.
    I read an interesting article in Field&Stream this summer. A hunter borrowed a drug sniffing German Shepard from his buddy, to test scent elimination and scent cover. to make a long story short....nothing eliminated the human scent from the dogs nose. The only thing that temporarily fooled the dog was a combo of complete scent elimination tactics(like listed above) then a cover scent.
    I stumbled onto DEER DANDER several years ago....when coupled with scent elimination......it works very well!!
    I shot a beautiful 8 pointer 2 years ago....the last weekend of rifle season. I was directly upwind of him. My hunting partner had spooked him of of his bed, he came flying down through a gully, and up the other side. As fast as he was moving, and considering all of the brush, and beech whips, between him and me, I thought I was never going to get a shot. The minute he got directly down wind, he stopped dead in his tracks....and started to sniff.....he smellled the Deer Dander, that I had liberally sprayed all over me. The rest is history.
    I could fill a small library with similar success stories about the product. Goggle it for yourself...you will not regret it!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i use the hs scents kit with the green soap, wash, and spray. always have, sometimes ill buy the wildlife research center cover spray. there is no evading the nose of a deer in the south in my opinion , the best advice is to check your wind before you decide a stand location, and also if you are using a climber, try to climb pretty high off the group 30 + ft, sounds dangerous but if the deer are close to you your scent travels further away from you before it hits ground level. i have had sucess climbing high and staying out of the wind. dead down wind products are pretty popular around here in south mississippi as well, ill stick to hunters specialties