Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Samick SLB Longbow arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

I received Byron Ferguson's Become the arrow this morning. I watched it and in the first 5 minutes fixed a few things on my bow. I'm gonna work on my practice technique the way he doe's it. I'm gonna work on the "reference" points.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a barebow cordovan 3 under tab for myself and my son from EW bateman. I've been told it's a real good, durable tab.

Post Thanks / Like

Finger pinch will be a distant memory, shooting 3 under, and its the first step in string walking. First thing you'll notice it that the arrow in closer to being in line with your eye, experiment and find out at what distance the point of your arrow is on target.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Two little packages arrived this morning. I wished the weather wasn't crap so I can go out and try the different spined arrows and the tab.

E.W. Bateman and Co. Tabs. Smaller one is for my son and the other one is for me.

Easton Archery Traditional Only Arrow Spine kit. It comes with a 400, 500 and 600 spine arrow for testing. They offer different spine options on the 3 rivers archery site.

Last edited by Double S; 11-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good stuff, DS!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    That's a good stuff, DS!
    Thank you buddy!. Goofy me...I forgot to order the Field point test kit to go along with it. it comes with like a dozen of different weight Points in pairs. It's great for tuning your bow.

Anybody getting into Traditional archery are are pulling their hairs out like me trying to find the right Arrows, Spines and arrow points. Take a look at 3 rivers archery website. They offer test kit arrows from several brands and a nice point kit with varied weight

Post Thanks / Like

I've been getting alot of help from some longtime Trad archers. It's been about a week or so but I've been working on my open stance, form and release. I'm ding much better. I think.

Post Thanks / Like

This little package arrive from 3-rivers archery. It's their Field point test kit. Two of each field points from 100 grains up to 250 grains. I'll be trying them out later this afternoon on my Traditional only Easton arrows.

They also offer a heavier Field point kit for much heavier grain filed points.

Post Thanks / Like

Good package And good shooting. You just can put silencers on the string, the bow is a little loud.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Good package And good shooting. You just can put silencers on the string, the bow is a little loud.
    I have a Shotgun mic on my Camcorder. it can pick up a flies fart. LOL. Those are the stock strings. I did change the BH after this video. I ordered some custom string over a week ago and they never showed. I just got off the phone with the string builder and he's making me another order with some string silencers built in.