Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Samick SLB Longbow arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the second string!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alex. I love them already. 12 strand I believe. it feels much better on my fingers. Much more quieter now with the new strings and whiskers.

Red and Black. My favorite colors for a string.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Good luck with the second string!

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin good, DS.
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_camping View Post
    Lookin good, DS.
    Thanks andy. Traditional bows look soooooo simple but wow!. The mental side of game is wild. I've been PM back and forth on AT with World class Trad shooters, Olypic shooters, and a top notch coach for assistance on my form, release...even the proper way to relax the wrist and fingers to get a proper release of the arrow for consistent anchoring and shots. I've never had to do this metal work when I shoot my Compounds. I find tradtional bows a challenge even though they look so simple yet they are challenging for me. I just bought the Range O Matic rigid master to work on ym release and BACK TENSION. Back tension is all new for me. I started working on it about a week or so ago and I can actually feel the muscles that I wasn't using before. I've never used a back tesion release on my Compounds...just an ordinary hunting release. After several positive recommendations on the RIGID FORMASTER...I just bought it on 3 Rivers archery 20 minutes ago. Once I get the hang of it..I'll post a video of it in action. It trains you to not pull with the fingers but with the back. It lets you know really quick if you don't use it right. The Formaster also works on Compound bows.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Rigid+..._baseitem.html

This one is German but at leastyou can see how it works.

Last edited by Double S; 12-01-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another one from Ken- Sharpbroadhead over on ArcheryTalk.

Post Thanks / Like

Black and red are my favourite colours for a trad bow string too. I use woolen silencers on all my traditional bows. They are very easy to make and kind of look more ....traditional
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows