Thread: Randall Made Knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randall Made Knife

I just bought a Randall Made Knife from a guy at work for 50 bucks tonight. Anyone know about these knives? I know it's stainless and their web site states 440 series, but they don't state if it's A B or C. Just wondering for edge retention and sharpening.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard about these knives but never owned one. As far as i know they are a good brand. Usually when it's said 440 stainless steel it is A, because the maker is shy to admit that it's not 440C However the type of steel isn't so important, no matter what the knife maniacs say. In a normal use an ordinary user can't feel the difference between most of the modern steels (except between stainless and carbon). What really matters is the heat treatment. Good luck with the knife and if you can make a pic I'd like to see it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Alex, I pick it up tonight from a guy at work. I will post a pic as soon as I get the opportunity. Here is a link of a new one, the same model as the one I am getting being sold on line.

http://www.agrussell.com/randall-mod.../RAhhhM16SPGM/

Post Thanks / Like

for $515.00 i hope it hold a blade.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    for $515.00 i hope it hold a blade.lol
    I had the same thought gravedigger. My guess would be 440C, but even on their web site they don't say what series stainless they use. The one I bought has some scratches on the blade so I may just have to ask Randall as I intend to have them buffed out.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked it up tonight, here are a couple pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, just have to say it....Sharp looking knife, Chip.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Sorry guys, just have to say it....Sharp looking knife, Chip.
    Thanks, I still can't believe the guy sold it to me for 50 dollars. While I was looking to see what steel they use I did read that you can order them direct from Randall for close to half the general market price. The kicker with direct ordering one is they take five years to get them to your door. Would I pay 500 dollars for one? Nope, but it sure is the nicest 50 dollar knife I will ever own. This will be going to one of my grandsons.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice knife, Chip. Congratulations! And the best is that you've taken it for a 10th of the price. For 500$ i guess it is 440C steel. If it has scratches you can polish it.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows