Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The choices are mind numbing...

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the alien z! Perfect all purpose bow oh and welcome!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Rootsy!. Martin has some great bows with top notch customer service to back it up. I myself have a Scepter V and a 2011 Nemesis. If your looking for an all around bow...take a look at the nemesis if they have it when you head over to Detroit. I love the crap out of mine. I'm not even gonna buy a 2013 Compound for my self, just one for my son. I believe the 2013 Nemesis 35 is a single piece riser, it's comfortable to shoot. I'm in the same boat as you. I live out in the country. My nearest Martin dealer in 90 miles one way and most of the time the bow you want is purchase first then you get to try it. It's a small Shop and it'd hard for them to carry a large inventory but their customer service and shop manners are great.

Whatever Martin bow you choose I'm sure you'll be very happy with the purchase. Welcome again to the forum.

Simon

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, glad you joined us here.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Martin's 2103 lineup looks really good, they seem to have listened that not everyone wants a 29" bow. They have bows that run 34-40", while most everyone is shortening thier's up. Friend of mine who is 6'4" bought a Mission Craze that is just plain too short for him and the Mathews dealer setup was horrible. Living in the sticks does suck when it comes to being able to handle or shoot a given bow. My advice is to find someone in your local archery club that has a Martin model you are interested in and at least handle one. My self I love my 2011 Onza and would love a new Nemisis, at 35" and 50lbs it would be the cats meow. I have thought about a garage dealership, stock one of every model in a light draw weight and let the customer order their own drawweight. It sure might solve the lack of shops that will stock bows in rual area's.

Post Thanks / Like

Shot an Aliens X and a Z today. Both 2011 models made in 2010 with Barnsdale limbs. Brought the Z home with me. I like the longer ATA of the Z. I have it set to the shortest draw of 28 inches which fits me well. Has 45 to 60 limbs and low 50s is comfortable.

Now i just have to dress it and get some ammo. Time to read up on all of this new fangled gagetry. Opinions?
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum rootsy
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    Shot an Aliens X and a Z today. Both 2011 models made in 2010 with Barnsdale limbs. Brought the Z home with me. I like the longer ATA of the Z. I have it set to the shortest draw of 28 inches which fits me well. Has 45 to 60 limbs and low 50s is comfortable.

Now i just have to dress it and get some ammo. Time to read up on all of this new fangled gagetry. Opinions?
    OK, you've already broken the rules. Around here it's pictures or nothing happened. LOL

Now as far as the accessories are concerned, it's going to be ultimately up to you. This is where personal preference really comes in. Dropaway rests work well, but so do the non-drop styles.

You may have to try a few different sights to find the one you like. I found that five vertical pins blocked my view at longer yardages, so I went to a single vertical pin and now five horizontal pins.

Hope this helps.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Alien Z is one of the best all around bows ever made.!
    Congratulations.!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats still waiting on those pictures!!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

And if your shooting indoo,r outdoor, and hunting i recommend an HHA sight slider or dial, you can get whatever size pin you wan,t the sight tapes are very accurate, it accepts a lens kit if you wanna get really into it, and its reasonably priced for a solid, well built, american made product with a company that backs their product up like martin.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum