Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The choices are mind numbing...

Post Thanks / Like

nice bow I am going to shoot the new 2013 today. I will report later!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new bow and best of luck with it! Oh yeah welcome to the forum!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver

2010 Martin Bone Hunter
    QAD Ultra rest LD
    AXT Pro 30 3 pin sight
    Bow String Depot Custom String Set
    5" Octane Ultralite stabilizer
    Octane Deadlock Lite Quiver

Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

I really am liking this AZ. Was playing with nock sets, d-loops and tying some different knots to serve as kissers last night. Decided to break out the chronograph (Shooting Chrony Beta). 28" draw (cams set in hole #1 - short as she'll go), 4 turns out on the 60 lb limbs (50 - 52 lbs??? - Barnsdale 155 marked), Hybrix 2.0 cams, CE Maxima Hunters (340 grains with points) - I was consistently 268 +/- 2 fps through the chronograph a foot in front of the riser. Plugging that in puts her between 330 and 335 IBO.

Wish it wasn't so bloody cold out so I could tune it at some distance. I can only manage 10 yds in the basement.

She isn't overly "loud" but there is some resonance after the shot in the riser. Need to setup a microphone to record it so I can play it back. It is difficult to listen to it when shooting short range. That arrow hitting the Block is loud.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

hey rootsy i had the same problem in ma. only one dealer that dosen't stock much of anything.i took a chance and bought a pantera on ebay,i lucked out but buying a bow is like buying a car you want to take it around the block a few times to try it out,but a bow is much more important!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Picking up the 2012 Cougar FC tomorrow. Have been tweaking the AZ a bit and have it shooting 275. Wonder how the FC will measureq up.

One thing I have discovered is that more than 3 turns out on the limbs and it is very inconsistent through the chrono. Cranked her up to two turns out and it went from +/- 3 fps to +/- 0.2 fps. Quieted down also.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

Yer AZ is right in there. Mine at 52.5#, 29", with a 346gn arrow does 275.5 consistantly...

Post Thanks / Like

Going to have to wait a while longer for the Cougar. Wrong bow in wrong box apparently so somewhere out there someone has my bow. My dealer got things squared away with Joel today (Nitro 1.5s and all) and hopefully I will have her soon. I would have thrown cloaked cams into the mix but I seemed to be creating enough confusion as it is with this custom spec package.

I am just excited about getting the FC. Just something about the Cougar that I like and I cannot exactly put my finger on it. I am in lust with my AZ and I think the slimmer grip may be what the real winner is. Especially with my smaller hands.

I need to apologize for being so negative.
    Last edited by Rootsy; 11-26-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I need to be more kind hearted...
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari