Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What new bow?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What new bow?

    "So now that you've got old bow bucks, what new bow are you looking at? "

    Couldn't answer you on the other thread E4x5 cuz it is closed so - - just posting here.
    Answer would be the Alien X4.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brookhaven, Ms
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the alien x4 is the only bow in the 2013 lineup in my opinion that is semi short(32") light(3.5lb) semi fast in the total market (335 fps) the nemesis looks awesome but its just to long for a hunting setup. but the alien x4 is supposedly gonna retail for around 800 bucks. i love martin, i really do but am i really getting an 800 dollar product???

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    dz,

    You should of been around when all the bows were 44"-48" long. We hunted with them out of a tree and everything. It cracks me up when folks think a 35" bow that weighs 4lbs before accessories is to long and heavy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TEN RING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    western PA
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boothill View Post
    dz,

    You should of been around when all the bows were 44"-48" long. We hunted with them out of a tree and everything. It cracks me up when folks think a 35" bow that weighs 4lbs before accessories is to long and heavy.
    I hear that, my rilfes were lighter then my bows
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Arrow Splitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, NH, United States
    Posts
    3,532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    "So now that you've got old bow bucks, what new bow are you looking at? "

    Couldn't answer you on the other thread E4x5 cuz it is closed so - - just posting here.
    Answer would be the Alien X4.
    NICE. I'm sure it will shoot well. Full review requested.

    A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I mean a 48" bow with magnesium riser and long recurve wood limbs and steel cables. Carried a 5 arrow quiver with Easton 2117 aluminum shafts and a stabilizer homemade and weighed probably a pound all by itself. Oh and don't forget that they were 30% let off and we shot 70 lbs with them AND with fingers. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the archers today. Don't know how good they have it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member SJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Argyle, Iowa
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default This

    Quote Originally Posted by boothill View Post
    I mean a 48" bow with magnesium riser and long recurve wood limbs and steel cables. Carried a 5 arrow quiver with Easton 2117 aluminum shafts and a stabilizer homemade and weighed probably a pound all by itself. Oh and don't forget that they were 30% let off and we shot 70 lbs with them AND with fingers. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the archers today. Don't know how good they have it.
    !!!
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

  8. #8
    Member deserthuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bethlehem, South Africa
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default new bow

    The Nemesis 35 has got my attention, will go and shoot it as soon as it comes in at the dealer. Does anyone know the MRSP on them? Thanks!
    May the love and grace of God help us not to miss our purpose in life.
    2011 Onza 3, 70# 27.75" APG camo
    2012 Cougar FC 70# 27.75" Carbon Black

  9. #9
    Senior Member elkslayer4x5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lane County, Oregon
    Posts
    2,751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    "So now that you've got old bow bucks, what new bow are you looking at? "

    Couldn't answer you on the other thread E4x5 cuz it is closed so - - just posting here.
    Answer would be the Alien X4.
    Really looks like an interesting choice, we'll want pics when you get it, of course. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I hear that, my rilfes were lighter then my bows
    And easier to carry!
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-12-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dzsmith View Post
    the alien x4 is the only bow in the 2013 lineup in my opinion that is semi short(32") light(3.5lb) semi fast in the total market (335 fps) the nemesis looks awesome but its just to long for a hunting setup. but the alien x4 is supposedly gonna retail for around 800 bucks. i love martin, i really do but am i really getting an 800 dollar product???
    Since 2009 the Alien X has been the best all purpose hunting bow produced by anyone.
    Guess what you will get is the latest version of that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •