Thread: Will a rest made for hoyt bows fit a Nemisis??

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will a rest made for hoyt bows fit a Nemisis??

Looking for a fall away rest for my nemisis. Seen a few out there for hoyt bows was wondering if they would fit?? Any thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great success with my QAD i tried the NAP apache and the bridged riser gets in the way of the rest upon mounting. I believe people have been able to mount limbdrivers and Ripcords the choices are endless but i like my QAD
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    Looking for a fall away rest for my nemisis. Seen a few out there for hoyt bows was wondering if they would fit?? Any thoughts???
    Which rest???
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

the ones i see a ton of are the g5 expert II's for hoyts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Rest?

I have a Ripcord on my Onza and a QAD Ultrarest LD Pro on my Alien Z. I like the QAD better and it stays up when you let down.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Qad

X2 for QAD rest on my Nemesis. Great rest!

Bill
    2012 Rytera Nemesis, 57.2#@28.5", Bonz Camo
    CBE Sniper LC Sight, QAD Ultra HDX Rest, G5 Head-Lok Quiver, Scott Little Goose Release
    Bernie's Control Freak X-Rod Stabilizer W/Quick Disconnect
    Gold Tip XT Hunter Arrows, Rage Chisel Tip 100 gr Broadheads

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy!

Post Thanks / Like

I have experienced some trouble with the reliability of the QAD Ultra Rest HD with my Onza: in cold/moist conditions, the slide (and therefore also the cable where the QAD cord is attached to) sometimes does not come all the way back in full draw, but stays perhaps 1/16" closer to the riser. This is not critical at all for the bow operation, but for QAD arrow rest it is: it is lifted completely upwards only when the cord is pulled exactly the adjusted amount. If this does not happen, the bow does not shoot accurately. Based on my experience, I wouldn't really recommend this rest to bows equipped with a traditional cable slide (although a teflon slide might help). There is no such problem if the cable guard is equipped with wheels (as with my earlier Hoyt CRX 32, I had the same arrow rest in it).

I have been able to overcome the problem by using silicone lube on the rod. I know that some people don't recommend putting anything exra to the rod, but I have experienced no problems. Still, I have many times thought I should switch back to the idiot-proof Whisker Biscuit (which I actually have not installed to my new Nemesis). I think the Ripcord shouldn't have a similar problem, it has a different mechanism.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003