Thread: Anyone's comments on 2011 Alien Z

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone's comments on 2011 Alien Z

Friend just bought one new for $375 and I am wondering what sights and stuff you'd put on one of these? Shooter is not a hunter, shoots informally and 3-d. I wanted to bid on this bow myself and will help him get it set up. Thoughts on the bow appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

As I said in an earlier thread, there are a lot of happy Z owners out there, although I can't speak from experience, it sure seems to be a great bow, good looking too.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the pleasure to shoot one and is buy one in a heartbeat if I found a good enough deal.. sounds like your buddy got a steal contests to him
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

I am brand new to the Alien Z but thus far I am perfectly happy with mine. I'd say the price you gave was a very good "deal".
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I am currently shooting the most. '11 AZ, Limb Driver, Sword, A-Bomb, G5 Mag Loc.
    I had two Alien Z's but just recently sold the other one.
    They are great bows for sure and I am sad that Martin discontinued them.
    IMG_1165.JPGIMG_1166.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Alien Z

I just recently bought a used 2011 Alien Z. I really enjoy shooting it and am setup for hunting currently. I am using a QAD ultrarest LD pro drop away and a HHA single pin sight. The only thing that I did not like about the bow was the roller guard because it added so much side torque to the riser and could not get a good shot through paper. I replaced the roller guard with Martin's guide rod kit and a tilt tamer and now the bowstring, rest, and sight are all inline and shooting bullet holes through paper and am shooting bareshafts perfectly. It is a great bow -- too bad they aren't making it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Was paper tuning tonight and broke out the chronograph once I had it making triangles (nearly effortless with the limb driver pro v). 340 gr 27" CE 250 maxima hunters, 100 gr points, 28' draw, release off a d loop with nock sets and a knot for a kisser, 4 turns out on the 60# limbs gave me pretty consistantly 268 to 270 fps bout a foot out.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. I am looking forward to seeing this bow. He's currently shooting a Mission Craze and the bow is just too short for someone 6'4", so I steered him to the Alien Z. Let him shoot my Onza tonight and told him his will be pretty simular in draw and weight.