Thread: Pantera or Bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pantera or Bengal

Looking for a bow for a friend thats 6'6". He's shot before and I am trying to recuit new members into the archery community, last 2 years, I've got 3 of my old gun hunting and shooting buds flinging arrows. I am thinking the Pantera in a 60wt peak cause of the 34" draw length. Again I firmly believe Martin has some of the best bows to get into archery with. Give me some thoughts you tall guys on either bow.

Post Thanks / Like

31" or 32" DL max with these. Need to figure what his max length is going to be and isolate from there. The Pantera is probably going to be a better fit because of that if it will make a 32" DL - 34" is the ATA, which also might be a touch more comfortable/steady for a guy of his height.

If all of that wasn't a factor, I'd put the Bengal up against any bow in the market personally.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i'm 6' 4'' and shoot a pantera at 29". when i shot fingers a bazillio years ago i shot 31 1/2" dl. but when you use a release,a d loop and you put the rest off the back of the sight window you shorten up the dl a bit.i love my pantera but i think i have a bengal pro in my near future. good luck and have a happy thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are shooting the Pantera at 29" - I'm sure a Bengal in the 30" peg will fit you fine. I'm running mine that way and I'm 6' - if you are shortening your DL that much with the use of a release, your release is too long imo. Where does your trigger sit if you are shooting an index trigger? Want to have it so that your finger can get a full curl around the release to your second knuckle. It will sure up your shooting for sure if you aren't doing that already. Something that really helped me, allows for more of a surprise release when following through properly - prevents trigger punching which will hurt your accuracy in the long haul and could create nasty target panic.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Love my 2012 Bengal...I would recommend this bow to anyone. Draw length for someone that tall could be an issue. Im 6'3 and mine fits me perfect.
    2012 Bengal Pro (Carbon Black), LH, QAD Ultra Hunter, Sword Apex 3rd Plane, Super Stix stabilizer, Carbon Express Maxima arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalshooter View Post
    Love my 2012 Bengal...I would recommend this bow to anyone. Draw length for someone that tall could be an issue. Im 6'3 and mine fits me perfect.
    what draw length do you have your bow set at ? max length?