Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts and opinions on the 2012 Martin Prowler Pro Fury XT Cam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Wish there was someone reasonably close to me ... would love to check the new models out first hand and get a few shots on them. I'm really wanting to go with an XT but finding someone that would have one on hand is probably darn near impossible where I live.
    The bows this year are really nice I shot the creed and the chill and thaught the martins shot as good our better. I think a split limb would be the way to go very quiet good job martin I think erdman making alot of change that they needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coastie hunter View Post
    The bows this year are really nice I shot the creed and the chill and thaught the martins shot as good our better. I think a split limb would be the way to go very quiet good job martin I think erdman making alot of change that they needed.
    Sorry Simon, a little bit of a off course here ...

Coastie what did you think of the Nemesis? Not sure why but getting a feeling for giving the longer ATA a whirl. The old Cheetah I had been shooting before my wife got me my '07 was longer, don't know what model year it was so can't look up all the specs on it to remember how long.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Coastie what did you think of the Nemesis? Not sure why but getting a feeling for giving the longer ATA a whirl. The old Cheetah I had been shooting before my wife got me my '07 was longer, don't know what model year it was so can't look up all the specs on it to remember how long.
    the bomb it didn't have any thing on it was very quiet no vib and really stable. I think this would be a great all around bow. the finish also looks really good martin hit a homerun with this bad boy.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought this bow. It came to my door tested at 73# from the factory! That was too much for me so I backed it down to 63# which is really nice. I have to say that the amount of adjustability with the Fury XT cam is awesome and it is also really nice that you can do it without a bowpress despite what the manual says. The cam seems pretty aggressive/jumpy to me, but I think I need to adjust the draw stop a bit. I haven't shot it yet as I still need to get some accessories and some arrows, but overall I am happy with my purchase.

One thing to be aware of is that the bow I got appears to be a 1 piece forged riser instead of a 3 piece, machined from billet riser. I am actually more satisfied with that, so no big deal to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I've been eying this bow out for my son. Anybody have any first hand experience with this bow. My son will be 12, His DL is 24.5 inches. I was thinking about getting one of those RThunt bows but I'm very picky when it comes to the accessories. If I buy a bow with the RTH package, i know I'll be replacing them in 3-6 minths.

New 2012 Martin Prowler Pro Fury XT Cam Bow

Right Hand 29" 70lbs

Draw Length: 24"-30.5" (We can set before shipping, please specify your required draw length)
    According to Martin web site, the draw length range starts at 24.5", not 24 (see http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/prowler.php or http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/specs.php). Typically the actual draw is half an inch longer than nominal, so you would probably get a minimum draw length of 25" with this bow. And that would be at the peak weight of the max. pounds - 20# (if you buy a 60# model, you would get max. pounds of 40# and minimum of 25#). Draw length adjustment is dependent on the pound peg adjustment in Fury XT cam - there are three pegs (or weight adjustment posts) where the end of the cable can be attached to. One is the max. pounds, second is max-10# and the third is max-20#.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 11-26-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003