Thread: NY Rifle Season Tag Filled with MY Martin

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default NY Rifle Season Tag Filled with MY Martin

The Northern Zone NY rifle season started Oct. 20 and runs for 44 days, bucks only; I have been hunting it with my bow only for several years now. Was out for my second hunt since I returned from Ohio Wednesday evening, all set up 33' feet up a nice oak by 3pm. Around 4:15 with the sun setting I spotted a couple deer feeding their way up from below me. A third deer approached and the two does ran right up under me; they sniffed around a little, I had the tarsal glands from my Ohio buck hanging right there. As they fed off to my right the third deer stepped out 50 yds to my left and I could see antlers. One grunt and he immediately turned and headed right to me; I drew when he was 15 yds out, he came right to the tree with the tarsal and started pawing the ground. With his head down I centered the pin between his shoulders and released.... MISSED HIM.... must have hit a small branch at that range. I grabbed another arrow, nocked it, reset my Ripcord rest, attached my release and drew; in that time he did a small loop and was standing right there broadside sniffing. This time I drilled him with Rocket Steelhead, he crashed off and I heard him go down in about 100 yds. A nice 2 year old Adirondack 6 pointer, got it on video, too.

Video:http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...rent=6PTER.mp4
    Last edited by CaptJJ; 11-16-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba