Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knives for gutting ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Trying to post a picture but keep getting a message that the file is too large, how can I make it fit.
    http://www.ehow.com/video_4983183_re...oft-paint.html This should help.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Hutch and Freinds This will do a California Mule Deer everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

These go everywhere with me, the Woodsman is always on my belt.

These live in the motorhome for camp site duty. Haven't had the chance to use them yet. Outdoor Edge.

These are in my Elk pack now, Christmas bonus. Outdoor Edge.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

I always carry my Wyoming knife for gutting. When the blade gets a bit dull I replace it with a new blade, but they'll put up with a lot and have gutted many deer before I have to replace the blade. I also always have a lock back folding knife on me always. I have at least half a dozen different lock backs that people have given me and I am always carrying one every where I go. It's just one of those things I never leave home without.

Post Thanks / Like

NuttyNative; The Woodsman is all the knife I've ever needed to get a deer out of the woods. I some times keep a couple of the hooked razor knife blades in my pack, they worked great for skining a coyote and if I decide to gut a deer, which I seldom do. Granted our deer our not 300lb Whitetails or big mulies. Where I hunt their more the size of Blacktail deer, probably a cross between Californa Mule Deer and the Blacktails. Had a good friend who died from Fernly, Roy F. had a pizza place there for a few years.