Thread: 2009 Bengal Draw Length

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2009 Bengal Draw Length

Helping a friend sell a bow and am going over it trying to get it in spec before doing so. Draw length is WAY long!

2009 Martin Bengal

ATA is 32 1/4"- Right at spec.

BH is 7" (Maybe just a skosh under), but very close.

Put brand new strings on this summer and they have not been shot much. Made to proper length by reputable maker.

The cam (M2-Pro) has the F2 mod on it which is supposed to be 26" DL. I have a draw board and am getting 27 3/4" DL with the F2 mod!

The cam rotation seems to be proper from what I have read about the amount of track that should be exposed from the string, and the draw stop peg is in the center.

The bow shoots great and all, but I just cannot figure out why the DL is so long?

This is the only module we have so I cannot try a different one to see what happens.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Since this initial question I made some adjustments to the draw stop and now it is much closer. The draw stop peg was in it's "center" location when the DL was measuring long. I now moved it to it's "shortest" location and the DL is measuring 26 1/4". The cable however, doesn't seem to be laying flush in the wall of the cam. Here are some photos of the cam at full draw.
    DSC01895.JPG
    DSC01894.jpg
    DSC01893.jpg
    DSC01892.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Cam at rest

DSC01879.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

On the module side of the cam you'll see 2 string posts, marked 1 and 2, move the string to the #2 post to get the lower DL settings on that bow and readjust the draw stop post so the cable lays flat in the mod. That should get you real close to 26", any fine DL adjustments can be made with the string/cable lengths, as the MPro/Acutrack cams aren't real picky about rotation.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    On the module side of the cam you'll see 2 string posts, marked 1 and 2, move the string to the #2 post to get the lower DL settings on that bow and readjust the draw stop post so the cable lays flat in the mod. That should get you real close to 26", any fine DL adjustments can be made with the string/cable lengths, as the MPro/Acutrack cams aren't real picky about rotation.
    Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Archerx7 is right. Both of those cams are tricky. But once you get all those adjustments you should be good to go.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com