Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: String Materal

  1. #1
    Senior Member Tosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ/AZ High Country 7000 feet
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default String Materal

    I have been doing some reading on BCY and have a few question that I know some of you know.

    Anyone know what the speed difference would be between these two string materials on your average 310 or so fps IBO bow. If its only around 7 fps or so do you think its worth giving up a little speed and going with 452X/Trophy BCY for total stability on a two cam bow. I have also read that 8125G is some good BCY also.?

    I have two bow's with Hutch's Trophy and they are holding up great with serveral 1000s shots on them. Just thinking of a little more speed.

    Thanks
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With 8125g you will gain some speed. But you will loose stability. 8125g will stretch and creep after a while. 8190 is the new product bcy puts out that is more stable and faster. But still is not totally stable. Here is a link that can describe the for you. http://www.bcyfibers.com/Bowstring.php 452x, trophy, 8125g, and 8190. Check it out!




    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    With 8125g you will gain some speed. But you will loose stability. 8125g will stretch and creep after a while. 8190 is the new product bcy puts out that is more stable and faster. But still is not totally stable. Here is a link that can describe the for you. http://www.bcyfibers.com/Bowstring.php 452x, trophy, 8125g, and 8190. Check it out!




    Hutch
    Good stuff Bill! If you were to build a string for the most optimized speed and stability, what would you go with?
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    452x or Trophy, I would cut the strands down as low as you can go for what poundage the bow is being used at. Cut serving lengths down. Put it trough the chrony and optimize the speed by adding speed nocks. There is more but don't have time to list it all.





    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member droppixel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, IL
    Posts
    1,628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    452x or Trophy, I would cut the strands down as low as you can go for what poundage the bow is being used at. Cut serving lengths down. Put it trough the chrony and optimize the speed by adding speed nocks. There is more but don't have time to list it all.

    Hutch
    I know we've talked about the strand count and serving lengths and I totally agree. I was thinking the 452x would be a happy balance btw all of them. Not sure how much a difference there is btw that and the trophy, but I know I've said it before ... I promise I'll be picking up a set of strings from you this time. Might even just get that out of the way now but figure I should wait till closer to end of season so I'm not tempted to slap them on now and have to make any possible adjustments while things are going well with the bow. I definitely plan to optimize performance out of it once the season closes because I'm confident there is more to gain from it compared to what I've already seen.

    Getting my more advanced tuning operation set up here finally. Got my scale for my draw board, need to pick up the rest of the materials and plan for a Chrono as well.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I know we've talked about the strand count and serving lengths and I totally agree. I was thinking the 452x would be a happy balance btw all of them. Not sure how much a difference there is btw that and the trophy, but I know I've said it before ... I promise I'll be picking up a set of strings from you this time. Might even just get that out of the way now but figure I should wait till closer to end of season so I'm not tempted to slap them on now and have to make any possible adjustments while things are going well with the bow. I definitely plan to optimize performance out of it once the season closes because I'm confident there is more to gain from it compared to what I've already seen.

    Getting my more advanced tuning operation set up here finally. Got my scale for my draw board, need to pick up the rest of the materials and plan for a Chrono as well.
    A little bit at a time and you will have everything you need for tuning. Not all bows will give more speed. But most of the time you can gain some. One thing I will tell you is it takes time to accomplish extra speed. Write down everything you do. As far as trophy and 452x goes they are one in the same. Difference is Trophy has gore fiber added to it to help stop heavy fuzzing.

    One thing people loose a lot of speed from is when arrow nocks are too tight. The arrow launches forward and snaps off the string, slowing the arrow down on the final snap. With the arrow nock being snug but not tight, the arrow comes to the end of the power stoke smoothly and keeps speed going forward.





    Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •