Thread: Relaxing Alien Z for peep sight installation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relaxing Alien Z for peep sight installation

Need to relax the string enough to install peep sight on 2011 Alien Z. Can I back out the limb bolts just like my Onza? This pretty bow is just a touch too long for my bowpress until I can get a longer cable made.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob you should be able to back out the bolts just like the Onza!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch, This is a way too pretty bow for a brand new archer to have, I should have kept it for myself. Will try and post a picture after she's setup. Threw and old Whisker Bisquet on it just to shoot the string in and this thing is a screamer for a 50lb bow. The cable that runs off the jack on my Apple is about 2" short of being able to press this bow, I'll get one made 4" longer. Looks like my friend will give his Craze to his grandaughter to shoot. There's just something about a pretty lady with a bow in her hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Thanks Hutch, This is a way too pretty bow for a brand new archer to have, I should have kept it for myself. Will try and post a picture after she's setup. Threw and old Whisker Bisquet on it just to shoot the string in and this thing is a screamer for a 50lb bow. The cable that runs off the jack on my Apple is about 2" short of being able to press this bow, I'll get one made 4" longer. Looks like my friend will give his Craze to his grandaughter to shoot. There's just something about a pretty lady with a bow in her hands.
    True that! Whatever happened to Laura?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

You can completly tear down an Alien Z by just backing the limb bolts out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, It's done and if the weather stays good we will head to the range tomorrow to finish tuning it in. The bow was really loud so I adjusted the string stop in, threw a small stablalizer on it and some whiskers. It's not the same bow.