Thread: I'm a technical noob so here is the question......

Post Thanks / Like

Question I'm a technical noob so here is the question......

My scepter V is shooting great but somehow the serving near the knockpoint is frayed/broken. It ends up being right below where my arrow knocks so it doesn't affect my release however, since the serving got damaged (somehow) I'm worried my string might be next.

How hard is replacing the serving, do I need to take the string off the bow to do it. What kind of serving would people recomend? Since I'am a complete noob on the technical aspect, would it be best to bring it in to a shop? One last thing, does taking off the string mean the cams have to be retuned?

Thanks
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    My scepter V is shooting great but somehow the serving near the knockpoint is frayed/broken. It ends up being right below where my arrow knocks so it doesn't affect my release however, since the serving got damaged (somehow) I'm worried my string might be next.

How hard is replacing the serving, do I need to take the string off the bow to do it. What kind of serving would people recomend? Since I'am a complete noob on the technical aspect, would it be best to bring it in to a shop? One last thing, does taking off the string mean the cams have to be retuned?

Thanks
    Taking the string off would mean retuning. Having the string reserved would be your best bet. A good pro shop should serving it in the proper direction and make sure the its done right.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch, man you're fast on those replies.
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"