Thread: timberdoodle rest and 3d nationals

Post Thanks / Like

Default timberdoodle rest and 3d nationals

i just received a cheque at 3d nationals last weekend.
    i'm happy with my martin mystic and VAP600. have always shot off a cavalier elite rest and plunger for 3d barebow.
    i've had the timberdoodle rest recommended to me.
    they are fairly pricey to buy new here.
    does anybody have any experience with these or opinions about them?

anyway, here's minnie shooting the mystic in the barebow top 10 shootout, which was won by one of the old fella recurvers. other photo is the top 10 group taken straight after the winning arrow. after the photo i found somebody taking photos of my beautiful mystic (]which i'd put beside the big military guns), with an SLR camera and big lens. this got a few martin jokes going. fellow in the front left of photo shot an older scepter.
    have a good weekend 16007_412386365499252_892566177_n.jpg[ATTACH]7384[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics! Where in Australia is this? Some of the guys remind me of Crocodile Dundee
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

alex, nationals were held at murrurundi NSW, inland between sydney and brisbane. mountain goat country.
    neils has removed his hat to shoot but check his crocodile beltbelt2 P1020367-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Minnie,

Unless you are having some issues, such as reliability, with the Cavalier I wouldn't see much of an advantage to using a Timberdoodle. They are kind of pricey, IMO, and nothing to gain over using something like a GKF Star Hunter or Cartel Star Hunter. The difference with both of these is that they have a launcher for the arrow to sit on and another on the side that more or less takes the place of the plunger to account for archer's paradox. Both are around $20 USD. One thing you give up with these is the micro-adjust of the plunger itself. Personally I'd stick with what you have if it's working fine.

If you are having issues with the rest itself you could possibly replace it with a Spigarilli Zero Tolerance and keep the plunger. Shooting fingers I'd be inclined to stay with a plunger.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool pics. Australia is one of the places I want to visit before I kick the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Very cool pics. Australia is one of the places I want to visit before I kick the bucket.
    Just don't rush the last part. LOL

Very nice photos minnie.

I agree with Barry, if it works well, keep using it.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    alex, nationals were held at murrurundi NSW, inland between sydney and brisbane. mountain goat country.
    neils has removed his hat to shoot but check his crocodile beltbelt2 P1020367-1.jpg
    Thanks, Minnie!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Minnie,
    I tryed the timberdoodle and went back to a flipper and plunger.
    If you have your heart set on trying one I could send you the one I have, let me know.
    Nice pics, btw.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.
    Enter-ZESTY at checkout at Deer Crossing Archery- http://deercrossingarchery.com/
    For a 10% discount on all products, other than ECO Hunter shafts.