+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a deer, but....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice kill....

great job
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    ES4X5, I held right on the front of his chest, and let it fly. Should have led him a couple more inches, but didn't have alot of time to think it through. lol He was in and gone in about 8-10 seconds. I was thinking about having this one mounted in a "ready to spring and attack" pose, so he'll look good coming out from behind things, like the couch. lol Not sure what pose I'll get yet, but it's gonna be something that'll scare people. Maybe the "sitting, snarling, and reaching out at you", or the "leaping forward at you" pose..... Might work well snuck onto the nightstand on the g/f's side of the bed......lol

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Which bow where you using, and how fast is it shooting? Thinking about how fast America's little lion can move is what made me ask how much you lead him/her. Being in sight for 8-10 seconds sure does'nt give you a lot of time to make a lot of decissions. The poised, ready to pounce position would look real good, since you already have the back of the couch cat!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    if one of them walked by me and gave a good shot i woud head out and buy a lotto ticket.nice work
    I already bought four Lotto's "working on retirement" LOL! Nice shot EH, rugs are cool on the wall. Any time you can hit a moving target that small,, it just not being lucky..... Now winning the Lotto may be lucky.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Good goin. It's not often you even see one of those critters let alone harvest one. Here in Pa. it would be illegal unless you purchase a Furtaker permit.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

hey way to go EH... he look good no mater how you get it mounted.. i like the reaching out at you ..lol that will make every one step back
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

4X5, I was shooting one of the Warthogs set at around 67 pounds. Not sure on arrow speed, but I'm guessing high 290's. Haven't really gotten it tuned to shoot top speed, but it is shooting very well.
    The back story is, I had my g/f with me as she is bowhunting this year. As we were driving up to my parking place where I hunt, we saw this bobcat walking along the field edge by the road, at about 70 yards. She had never seen on in real life before. We watched it for about a minute, then it dropped down into a dry creek. We went on to our stand, and had been sitting about 45 minutes when he walked back by. I just had enough time ot grab the bow, draw, and let one fly. She told me I had shot right over it's back. Well, we sat until dark, then I went to get my arrow. It was covered in blood. We trailed it for about 50 yards, then decided to wait until the next morning. Didn't really want to find a possibly wounded bobcat in the dark. Next morning, we got back on the trail where we found last blood. Trailed another 15 yards, and blood ran out. I noticed a pile of leaves that looked kinda funny, and he was buried underneath them. Something had covered him up in hopes of a snack later on. Not a tooth mark on him, just the arrow hole. I was glad when it showed no signs of damage. Only thing I can figure out is, it had to be another bobcat that buried him. A coyote would have at least taken a few bites.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    4X5, I was shooting one of the Warthogs set at around 67 pounds. Not sure on arrow speed, but I'm guessing high 290's. Haven't really gotten it tuned to shoot top speed, but it is shooting very well. The back story is, I had my g/f with me as she is bowhunting this year. As we were driving up to my parking place where I hunt, we saw this bobcat walking along the field edge by the road, at about 70 yards. She had never seen on in real life before. We watched it for about a minute, then it dropped down into a dry creek. We went on to our stand, and had been sitting about 45 minutes when he walked back by. I just had enough time ot grab the bow, draw, and let one fly. She told me I had shot right over it's back. Well, we sat until dark, then I went to get my arrow. It was covered in blood. We trailed it for about 50 yards, then decided to wait until the next morning. Didn't really want to find a possibly wounded bobcat in the dark. Next morning, we got back on the trail where we found last blood. Trailed another 15 yards, and blood ran out. I noticed a pile of leaves that looked kinda funny, and he was buried underneath them. Something had covered him up in hopes of a snack later on. Not a tooth mark on him, just the arrow hole. I was glad when it showed no signs of damage. Only thing I can figure out is, it had to be another bobcat that buried him. A coyote would have at least taken a few bites.
    There's a couple of understatements! I think that you interupted the wantabe diner! Was probably watching you when you recovered Bob. Cool story, thanks for sharing.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice good shootin that will be a sweet mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice trophy and great shooting. I have only seen one while hunting here in NY; it's one animal still on my list to take with a bow.
    Recurves: 40lb X-200, 45 & 50lb Hunters, 45lb Mamba

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i see so few bobcats these days, i doubt id shoot one, i have seen a grey fox this year, it made a burrough in my food plot

+ Reply to Thread