Thread: Cougar FC Carbon STS availability

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cougar FC Carbon STS availability

A little advice needed here. I recently purchased a 2012 Cougar FC from an Ebay retailer that sells alot of Martin bows. I actually have bought another Martin and a Rytera from them with great success. Unfortunately, this sale is not going quite as smoothly. The Cougar arrived without the STS for some reason. The bow was listed as used, but there was no indication it would be without the STS. It actually arrived in brand new condition, so I'm a bit confused. I'm waiting on a response to decide what to do, but it has been a few days.

In the mean time, I'm trying to find out what it would take to actually get an STS on this bow, as I really like the Cougar and I think I got a decent deal. I didn't see any of the carbon STSs available on Martin's online store. Is the 2012 carbon STS available to purchase, and from where? Would an STS from earlier models work or are there any non-Martin STS products that would work? I wouldn't think so, but thought I would ask. Unfortunately, the bow is also missing the barrel nut insert, so I assume I would need to get a new one of those from Martin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I need to pull the trigger fast since this is intended as a Christmas gift. I have the option of just shipping the bow back for a refund. Also, it is entirely possible the seller will send me the STS that happened to somehow fall off the bow during packaging which is why there was no mention of its absense in the item description. I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Should be able to order it right from Martin. Check their online store. They had a few different STS models listed when I was browsing earlier today. Don't remember if the carbon was there or not.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2011 FC 400 which is very similar to the Cougar, I ordered a 2012 carbon STS from Martin CS last year and it fit. Call Joel and he should be able to help out. Also look @ the on line catalog, I beleve they have them to order if needed.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2014 Mathews Creed
    2001 PSE Excellerator