Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going on my THIRD set of limbs since June

Post Thanks / Like

Shipped the bow out the ETA is Tuesday I hope to have it back before the holidays but we will see!
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear about the problems man.................good luck!
    ............."You'll have that on those big jobs!!"..............
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks it sucks but it happens to the best of us I guess
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Those binarys have always scared me. I quess I am partial to single cams, although I do like a good olf fashioned dually.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it is the binary cams that cause to much stress on the limbs? My 09 Cheetah never had limb issues.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

It arrived in WA this morning should be in walla walla soon!
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Do you think it is the binary cams that cause to much stress on the limbs? My 09 Cheetah never had limb issues.
    It's not so much whether it's binary or single cams. It's the constant twisting of the limb tips and the shorter the bow the more severe the twist is. Limbs are designed primarily to move back and forth, not twisted around in circles. So long as bows are designed with a cable rod and as cams become larger, imparting more leverage, there will continue to be such issues, especially with longer draw lengths.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    It's not so much whether it's binary or single cams. It's the constant twisting of the limb tips and the shorter the bow the more severe the twist is. Limbs are designed primarily to move back and forth, not twisted around in circles. So long as bows are designed with a cable rod and as cams become larger, imparting more leverage, there will continue to be such issues, especially with longer draw lengths.
    Never thought of it like that.. You think bows with a double yoke system would help with this and be slightly more reliable?... But the bow arrived in Walla Walla going to give customer service a call tomorrow and find out exactly what the plan of action is and ill give an update sometime tomorrow.
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Never thought of it like that.. You think bows with a double yoke system would help with this and be slightly more reliable?... But the bow arrived in Walla Walla going to give customer service a call tomorrow and find out exactly what the plan of action is and ill give an update sometime tomorrow.
    I might be misinterpretting what you mean, but the Onza doesn't have a yoke system, but even with yoke cables the limb would still get twisted as the bow is drawn. With any kind of fixed cable rod/slide there's no getting around it. That's one of the reasons Martin came out with the TRG a couple years ago and Bowtech now has their Flex Guard. The idea is for the cables to move closer to the bow's center as the bow is drawn which reduces the side load on the limbs.

Martin used to have an X system on the Fury, Nitrous, and Furious cam which alleviated any and all cam lean (limb twist) that used 4 cables and the string. The arrow was shot between the cables. It was never all that popular with the hunting crowd because most couldn't adjust their pea brains to using it. Most comments I always read made statements about loading a broadhead arrow between the cables and possibly cutting one or more. If some had tried it they'd have learned that you load the arrow from the front and back the nock between the cables and onto the string (a couple inches). It was arguably the best and most efficient cam system (especially the Nitrous) ever engineered. Completely eliminated the cable rod/slide.

Anyway, I rant too much. Hope they figure out your bow. I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

What was the best shoot thru setup that Martin had? Were the Nitrous cams fast? I have no idea why they wouldn't offer this type of cam system on their longer target bows. I put a tilt tamer on my Alien Z to remove the side torque and it works pretty well, but the shoot thru would completely eliminate it. The cable guard was terrible in a number of respects since it was stationary and was positioned way to close to the riser for someone with a 30.5" draw. If you watch the flexguard video on Bowtech's website they use a laser during the draw cycle to show that the flexguard eliminated around 1/2 of the nock travel. I don't think that they went far enough. Why not eliminate all of the nock travel and torque? Is there any way to convert the hybrix cams to shoot through?