Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No longer confused. Bought my son a 2012 Bengal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up No longer confused. Bought my son a 2012 Bengal.

I was just about to drop the hammer on a new Blade X-4 package off of Ebay. The bows for my son for Chirstmas. His DL is 24 1/2 and he's growing fast. I was looking at the Online Catalog and it shows that the blade starts out at 25". http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/bladex4.php

I contacted the Ebay Dealer ans he states that the sticker on the Blade he's selling starts out at 26 inches. I just got off the phone with Carlye at Martin and she states 25 1/2. Now I'm just confused.

I really want a Martin bow for my son. I was thinking that i could get away with a 25" Dl bow for now as he's growing fast. Thoughts and idea's please.

I'm watching a Bengal too. It starts out at 24 inches. with a 70 pound max DL but can be lowered 35 pounds correct?

UPDATE- I bought the blacked out Bengal Pro.
    Last edited by Double S; 12-05-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

don't forget they will all run long sometimes up to a inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this specs page: http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/specs.php

The three draw weight pegs on the Fury XT cam not only changes the max draw weight, but also affects the draw length range. Martin did a little better job this year of clarifying that in the specs. So, for the Blade if you have the cable on the "0" peg, the max draw weight will be what is listed on the bow and the draw length will range from 27" to 31". Moving the cable to the "-20" peg not only reduces the max draw weight by 20 pounds, but also reduces the minimum draw length down to 25". This is probably perfect for a kid who is better suited to a 35lb to 50lb range anyway and as he grows he can move the cable to the other pegs and get higher draw weight and longer draw length with the same bow.

I would be curious to know if anyone has tested the efficiency of the Fury XT cam using different pegs and/or different limbs to get the same specs (i.e., 26" DL @ 50lb, 28" @ 60lb, etc.), or using 70lb max limbs with the cam set to -10 versus 60lb max limbs on the 0 setting. I'm looking to get a Pantera and keep it about 60lb but the 70lb max bows are much more readily available than those with 60lb limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my 12 year old a Diamond Razor Edge with a draw of length range of 19 to 29" and draw weight range of 30-60 lbs. He just wasn't quite old enough to pull 35 lbs comfortably and his draw was 24 inches. I would have liked to buy him a Martin bow, but the Diamond is a pretty nice bow and for some reason has a pretty good resale in Michigan. So I figure I could get him interested, sell the Razor Edge, and upgrade to a better bow later.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I was just about to drop the hammer on a new Blade X-4 package off of Ebay. The bows for my son for Chirstmas. His DL is 24-5 and he's growing fast. i was looking at the Only Catalog and it shows that the blade starts out at 25"s. http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/bladex4.php

I contacted the Ebay Dealer ans he states that the sticker on the Blade he's selling starts out at 26 inches. I just got off the phone with Carlye at Martin and she states 25 1/2. Now I'm just confused.

I really want a get a Martin bow for my son. I was thinking that i could get away with a 25" Dl bow for now as he's growing fast. Thoughts and idea's please.

I'm watching a Bengal too. It starts out at 25 inches. with a 70 pound max Dl but can be lowered 35 pounds correct?
    Short string it for the first year. Then use the original string when he grows!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had my son choose the bow he wanted out of the new blade, a couple exiles, prowler and a blacked out Bengal pro hunt package.My son picked his Christmas Present from grandma and grandpa. It will be a 2012 Martin Bengal with a TT drop away rest, 3 pin PSE sight. Stab, Peep, string loop,. he went for the black. We were looking at another brand. I'm glad I could keep him in the Martin Militia. His first bow was a Martin Tiger.

Why did we choose another Martin bow? Because of Joel and his crew in Martin Customer service. I bet no other bow company has a JOEL. LOL.

Last edited by Double S; 12-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and your son!!!! I am sure he will be slinging arrows for a long time to come.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

very nice your boy will love that bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I had my son choose the bow he wanted out of the new blade, a couple exiles, prowler and a blacked out Bengal pro hunt package.My son picked his Christmas Present from grandma and grandpa. It will be a 2012 Martin Bengal with a TT drop away rest, 3 pin PSE sight. Stab, Peep, string loop,. he went for the black. We were looking at another brand. I'm glad I could keep him in the Martin Militia. His first bow was a Martin Tiger.

Why did we choose another Martin bow? Because of Joel and his crew in Martin Customer service. I bet no other bow company has a JOEL. LOL.

Good choice! I'm sure that Gabe will be happy with it, and I know that you'll never have to worry about the bow, backed by the best customer service in the industry.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

He's gonna love it!
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff