Thread: Fire Cat 400 Hydro dip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire Cat 400 Hydro dip

Well guys I'm getting the Fire Cat 400 dipped. I was shooting last weekend and after shooting, I checked the Cat out and notice a few splinters on both limbs on the inside next to the roto cup. I call CS and the told me take her the dealer and the dealer is sending the limbs back to Martin. Now saying that I do have 1000s of shot on her and the limbs are set at 70lbs. So while waiting on new Limbs. And I'm tagged out for the year until 1 Jan when Javelina and winter Deer opens. I decided to dip her in Predator Brown Deception Camo. The Cat is all carbon which I will keep the limbs stock carbon once I get them back from Martin. The Plan is to do the prep and I have a buddy that just starting the hydro dipping at his taxidermy shop on skulls. We will not start the process until the patterns come in; process and prep are also timed from pre to dip. Here she is striped. Well send photos when compl.

[ATTACH]7FC1photo.jpg389[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tosi; 11-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Tosi. I hope everything works out for you, and I am looking forward to seeing the dip job.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Eagerly awaiting the new look, I think that the FireCat will look great in Predator Brown. Are you going to dip the sight and rest as well?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the new look, I think that the FireCat will look great in Predator Brown. Are you going to dip the sight and rest as well?
    My plan was to dip the quiver hood PBD also; the limbs are staying stock Martin Carbon so I will keep the Roto Cups & Cams black. I have a Rush black five pin sights. Limb Driver Pro w/ a black Limb Saver module and Apache stabilizer that will also stay black. Should look good, will send pic as soon as I have her back together? I'v messed around with just about everything on a bow except a complete overhaul. I just need to work it slow and not rush it. Thank ES
    Ranger 6
    2011 Fire Cat 400 (Custom)
    2005 Martin SlayR
    2012 Mathews z7 Magnum
    2011 Prime Centerod
    2001 PSE Excellerator

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see it.