Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What a wake up using the Rigid Formaster.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What a wake up using the Rigid Formaster.

    After the recommendations on AT, I ordered the Rigid Formaster from 3 rivers archery. I should have taped the first trials...you probably would have gotten some chuckles out of it. I read the booklet several times making sure I adjusted it properly. After some false starts with too short of a cord...I was off and running. Maybe it was first time jitters using the product. Nerves...Target panic!. Bow arm flinging off to the left and up and string arm flapping away like an albatross trying to land :teeth:

    The sun was setting and the chill was getting to me. I got about 2 dozen shots in and called it a night. I'm hoping to resume tomorrow if the weather cooperates. As each shot progressed, I felt better about the product and felt more comfortable with it. :thumbs_up

    Thank you to Sharp for the only Video I could find on the Rigid Formaster. I must have watched your video 2 dozen times. :thumbs_up The only other video I watched was a German Fella using the regular formaster. More pics on what it looks like in use and a Video to come when I have time.



  2. #2
    Senior Member typically8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You are going to make us look it up aren't you?
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typically8 View Post
    You are going to make us look it up aren't you?

    Here's a video by Sharp using the Formaster.




  4. #4
    Member DeepRiverBowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DoubleS, You're right about the first time using the Formaster. I first saw it in the Masters of the Barebow video and got one from 3Rivers. I have pretty good form and back tension from years of competition shooting, but when I strapped on the Formaster I was immediately enlightened as to how much I still needed to improve. After a dozen or so shots with it, I took it off and shot. I saw an immediate and dramatic improvement in my follow-through.

    I really like training with the Formaster now. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it slaps my arm. I wear an armguard on my drawing hand when I use it. I wish they had a better way to adjust the length because that cable clamp just gets in the way. For the price they charge, you'd think they could come up with something better.

    mike

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi DRB!. I think I remember reading your review on 3 rivers. If memory serves me right. That little clamp can be pesky specially for a first time user. It was hurting my arm at first. I moved it further away from the elbow and it seems to help. I don't like wearing long sleeve shirt when shooting. I also wish they had a quick disconnect. It's a pain trying to balance the bow while getting the two straps in the right place. I wished I had videotaped the first time I used it...You guys would have gotten a laugh out of it!. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepRiverBowman View Post
    DoubleS, You're right about the first time using the Formaster. I first saw it in the Masters of the Barebow video and got one from 3Rivers. I have pretty good form and back tension from years of competition shooting, but when I strapped on the Formaster I was immediately enlightened as to how much I still needed to improve. After a dozen or so shots with it, I took it off and shot. I saw an immediate and dramatic improvement in my follow-through.

    I really like training with the Formaster now. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it slaps my arm. I wear an armguard on my drawing hand when I use it. I wish they had a better way to adjust the length because that cable clamp just gets in the way. For the price they charge, you'd think they could come up with something better.

    mike

  6. #6
    Senior Member elkslayer4x5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lane County, Oregon
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sure hope this product helps your form, every time I read this thread, I envision a couple of scenes from the movie "Tin Cup".
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

  7. #7
    Member DeepRiverBowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Hi DRB!. I think I remember reading your review on 3 rivers. If memory serves me right. That little clamp can be pesky specially for a first time user. It was hurting my arm at first. I moved it further away from the elbow and it seems to help. I don't like wearing long sleeve shirt when shooting. I also wish they had a quick disconnect. It's a pain trying to balance the bow while getting the two straps in the right place. I wished I had videotaped the first time I used it...You guys would have gotten a laugh out of it!. lol.
    Yes, I think I did write a review for 3R's. As I remember I also mentioned difficulty with the cord clamp hitting my arm and also what you mentioned about needing a quick disconnect for easy-on, easy-off. By "I moved it further away from the elbow" do you mean you have the clamp down close to your hand? Seems odd to my way of thinking - I thought there would be more movement/oscillation at that end, but will give it a try and see how it works since I've never done it that way. Maybe I was just using it wrong. Which brings me to a point I didn't mention before. The instructions that come with it are really weak. Lots of description of muscles and bones, and how shooting works, but very little on the specifics of how to use the device. The YouTube video you linked was awesome!

    mike

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •