Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis Q&A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemesis Q&A

ok, with all the hub-ub going on about the outgoing nemesis style, i havent heard if their draw lengths run true to spec or not. it's been pretty well reported that the onza's runs a little longer than spec according to info on here. will the nemesis run a little long also ( like can it attain a little over +30") since they share the same cam system ?
    my guess isnt that the onza's "run long on draw" as much as they were " marked short on the spec sheet". let me know guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    ok, with all the hub-ub going on about the outgoing nemesis style, i havent heard if their draw lengths run true to spec or not. it's been pretty well reported that the onza's runs a little longer than spec according to info on here. will the nemesis run a little long also ( like can it attain a little over +30") since they share the same cam system ?
    my guess isnt that the onza's "run long on draw" as much as they were " marked short on the spec sheet". let me know guys.
    my onza was a 1/2 inch long with the same stting as my firecat
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

if i can hi jack my own thread i'm wondering if the bare bow physical weight of the nemesis is running spot on ? if one of our moderators could weigh their set-up rig that would be great, or even strip it down to bear bow (jk)... anybody else notice if the nemesis is long on the draw ?

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at my 2011 Nemesis and my 2012 scepter and both modules are on number 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    I looked at my 2011 Nemesis and my 2012 scepter and both modules are on number 5.
    Do they both have the same cams or does the Nemisis use 2.0 cams?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a Nemesis with Hybrix 2.0 cams and I also own the Onza 3. I have the modules set at position 4 with both bows, resulting in measured draw length of 29,5".

The nominal draw for the Onza should be 29" at position 4, so it's running 0,5" long. However, I'm somewhat confused with the results of Nemesis: the maximum draw for Nemesis is 30" according to the specs, while it is 30,5" for the Onza. Therefore, I was expecting number 5 position to yield 29" draw for the Nemesis (or 29,5, if it was running a bit long as the Onza). Instead, I had to put the modules to the same position as the Onza, meaning that the Nemesis would be running a whole inch long vs. specs, if I have understood the specs correctly.

This is how I read the specs:

Onza 3
    Module position / Draw
    7 / 30,5
    6 / 30
    5 / 29,5
    4 / 29 => position 4 gives me 29,5" draw with the Onza

Nemesis
    Module position Draw
    7 / 30
    6 / 29,5
    5 / 29 => position 5 should give 29" draw with the Nemesis
    4 / 28,5 => but actually already position 4 gave me 29,5" draw

By the way, the brace height for the Nemesis was 7 1/4" which is exatly the same as Onza's. But it is not what is said in specs of Nemesis (7"). In comparison, 7" brace height is given for the 2013 Onza XT, but I belive nothing has changed and it is actually 7 1/4" still. I don't quite understand what's the trouble with writing specs correctly and accurately at Martin.

That being said, I'm very excited about both the bows.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 12-14-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

if i can hi jack my own thread i'm wondering if the bare bow physical weight of the nemesis is running spot on ? if one of our moderators could weigh their set-up rig that would be great, or even strip it down to bear bow (jk)... anybody else notice if the nemesis is long on the draw ?
    I intended to measure the weight of my new Nemesis before putting any accessories to it, but of course I forgot to do that. My setup process is still going on, so I might still remove the stuff and measure it later today. I guess it's heavier than the specs; I measured my Onza before and I think it was about 4.6 lbs instead of the specified 4.0, without any accessories on it.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

I had a '10 Nemesis and dl was 1/4" long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Do they both have the same cams or does the Nemisis use 2.0 cams?
    Hybrix on the nemesis and Nitro 1.5 on the scepter.

Post Thanks / Like

I just measured my Nemesis without accessories: 4.63 pounds. For comparison, my Onza 3's weight was 4.74 pounds (I have measured it earlier).

I used a normal, cheap kitchen scales for the measurement. For simple "calibration" to check the reliability of the scales, I measured the weight of one litre of water and the result was correct.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003