Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis Q&A

Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks putting in the time for all the replies. a 1/4" isnt a big deal and well within reason, but 1/2-1" is stretching it. if a bow is presumably 27-30" specs, and some run long and some dont, too me that means there may be to many variables involved in the manufacturing process or assembly. QC should take measurements,etc., and if it isnt what it is supposed to be then the spec sheet should be changed, or at the very least have the bow tagged at whatever it measured out too, imo. i read a thread where someone bought a bow(onza?) and it was too long/short etc., and then it just didnt work out for them, and that is preventable.
    as far as the weight being over , i know that we're splitting hairs and not exactly in a controlled scientific testing lab, but people frequently purchase a bow based on its size/weight/dimensions. things like that need to be very close. on the other hand if it weighed less than specs i bet most folks wouldnt care .
    phantoza i bet postage hasnt been exactly cheap to finland for all them martins from washington state, lol.. what does the onza weigh fully set up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    Big thanks putting in the time for all the replies. a 1/4" isnt a big deal and well within reason, but 1/2-1" is stretching it. if a bow is presumably 27-30" specs, and some run long and some dont, too me that means there may be to many variables involved in the manufacturing process or assembly.
    I think the IBO standard says the bow is allowed to run 1/2" long in the speed test. Perhaps this has something to do with it...?

as far as the weight being over , i know that we're splitting hairs and not exactly in a controlled scientific testing lab, but people frequently purchase a bow based on its size/weight/dimensions. things like that need to be very close. on the other hand if it weighed less than specs i bet most folks wouldnt care .
    I agree, I would also like to see realistic specifications. I've heard that Hyundai/Kia needs to pay millions of $ for customers in the US because they have made the fuel consumption specs look better than they really are. I think we have a comparable situation here with the bow weight, more or less I knew the bows probably weigh more since I had seen some reviews, and it is not really an issue for me. But I would still appreciate honesty. Still, I really think that my Onza 3 and Nemesis are both better bows than the Hoyt I had Biggest reason for this is the draw cycle, especially the area between max. weight and let-off.

phantoza i bet postage hasnt been exactly cheap to finland for all them martins from washington state, lol..
    Well, there's a Martin dealer in my home town, and the Nemesis I ordered from Germany - the postage was only 20€ (would be about $25 or so).

what does the onza weigh fully set up?
    5.95 pounds with my configuration: G5 Optix XR sight (magnesium construction, lighter than aluminum), QAD Ultra Rest HD arrow rest, No-peep, Apex Pro-tune XS Bone Collector stabilizer with 3" extension bar, Bowjax Monster Limb Jax limb dampers, simple woven wrist sling).
    Last edited by Phantonza; 12-14-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

being within imo standards is fine to help them eke that xtra speed out, but that doesnt help someone with a 26.5-.75" draw and they get a big boy bow with 27" minimum which potentially could turn into maybe a 27.5-28" then the xtra speed gained would be moot (for whoever purchased the bow anyways).....hence the need for at least accurate minimum draw length measurements.