Thread: Shot the some of the 2013's...Martins..........I was impressed!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shot the some of the 2013's...Martins..........I was impressed!!!

I shot the New Martins Yesterday........WOW!!! Very Nice!!!
    AMAZING is the way i would put it! I was blown away!!
    So much smoother, quieter, and IBO consistent with what's printed.

I shot them yesterday at my local shop. The X4 is really nice for $349 ish.....i mean it's NICE!
    Quiet as Bear bows now. That bow is going to sell a ton!!
    The Alien is Freaking out of this world......best bow i think i have ever shot. I shot those and the mathews. I would lean towards the alien for the $$$. Smoothness, speed, Noise, vibe, etc... The Martins were a fraction better in my opinion. It was close though, you couldn't go wrong with either brand.

But my point is..........Martin stepped up BIG TIME. They have me convinced that there heading in the right direction. I've been rough on them on here, but I can't be anymore. There that much better. Looks like the split limb is helping. Really like the fury cam. I think i like it over the accutrak cam....it's close. Fit and finish was a 9 out of 10. Mathews finish was better, but there finish is always good.

I'm confident that i'm going to own a 2013 for sure. At this point i'm leaning on the X4 blade, unless i can come up with the extra $$, then it's the Alien.
    The bows look awesome! I'm a Martin believer again!!!!
    Try one, you won't be dissappointed!

Good Job Martin.....no doubt your steering the ship in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    I shot the New Martins Yesterday........WOW!!! Very Nice!!!
    AMAZING is the way i would put it! I was blown away!!
    So much smoother, quieter, and IBO consistent with what's printed.

I shot them yesterday at my local shop. The X4 is really nice for $349 ish.....i mean it's NICE!
    Quiet as Bear bows now. That bow is going to sell a ton!!
    The Alien is Freaking out of this world......best bow i think i have ever shot. I shot those and the mathews. I would lean towards the alien for the $$$. Smoothness, speed, Noise, vibe, etc... The Martins were a fraction better in my opinion. It was close though, you couldn't go wrong with either brand.

But my point is..........Martin stepped up BIG TIME. They have me convinced that there heading in the right direction. I've been rough on them on here, but I can't be anymore. There that much better. Looks like the split limb is helping. Really like the fury cam. I think i like it over the accutrak cam....it's close. Fit and finish was a 9 out of 10. Mathews finish was better, but there finish is always good.

I'm confident that i'm going to own a 2013 for sure. At this point i'm leaning on the X4 blade, unless i can come up with the extra $$, then it's the Alien.
    The bows look awesome! I'm a Martin believer again!!!!
    Try one, you won't be dissappointed!

Good Job Martin.....no doubt your steering the ship in the right direction.
    WHERE are you shooting new Martins in or around Michigan??????
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    WHERE are you shooting new Martins in or around Michigan??????
    X2 nobody by me has any yet
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

In October I called every single pro dealer listed on Martin's site in Michigan. Very few had any stock and fewer had anything 2012. No one planned on stocking much if anything in the future.
    2012 Martin Cougar FC
    2011 Rytera Alien Z
    2001 Martin Cougar 2000
    Martin Nugent Pro Safari

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

just happened to be in the shop when the rep. came in..........

i don't believe at this point the dealer was going to order any. He was impressed but is going to wait and see if there is any interest. It's a longer story, don't wish to share it all on here.......in a nutshell.....it's not my business to speak for my local dealer. If a martin executive pm'd on here...fine, but not going to stir the pot.
    I have a feeling many dealer are waiting to see if they have any issues.

I will say this......he felt that the 2013 line was by far the best ever, close or slightly better to bear and mathews quality, they shot that well.

I would love to see him order and keep his martin account. As of now he hasn't had a single martin bow for a few months.

I know this guys...........The few i shot, really impressed me!!!!!
    Joel wasn't kidding on another thread, they are smoother and quieter and seeing the IBO's were adjusted. I would say the IBO is on or slightly above the listing now.
    For the $$$$ Martin will re-establish some marketshare as a bow line that is high quality and affordable. It's going to take time. Bear did it......Martin can to.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin didn't do themselves any good from 2008-2010 with the limb issues and sharp edges on the cams and modules. I feel they have or still are making changes for the better to allevaiate these things, but once the reputation is tarnished, especially with what goes on on the internet, it might take some time for people to see those improvements. In the meantime the marketing hype continues with most of the higher prices bows (the other M brand).

Frankly I take issue with spending upwards of a grand for bow that depreciates as quickly as they do when I could buy and outfit a rifle with a decent scope for the same or less and it will even go up in value over the years. But this is talk for another thread some day.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Martin didn't do themselves any good from 2008-2010 with the limb issues and sharp edges on the cams and modules. I feel they have or still are making changes for the better to allevaiate these things, but once the reputation is tarnished, especially with what goes on on the internet, it might take some time for people to see those improvements. In the meantime the marketing hype continues with most of the higher prices bows (the other M brand).

Frankly I take issue with spending upwards of a grand for bow that depreciates as quickly as they do when I could buy and outfit a rifle with a decent scope for the same or less and it will even go up in value over the years. But this is talk for another thread some day.

Very well said
    the only thing anyone can do is just keep supporting Martin on here and AT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    Very well said
    the only thing anyone can do is just keep supporting Martin on here and AT.
    Funny you say that.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    Funny you say that.
    Yah it kinda is....
    i'm a realist
    i'm realistic
    I don't go thru life with blinders on and i don't sugar coat things. Like i've said on here and AT many times. I'm not the kindest or that easy on Martin. I'll be the first to admit it. But I really want Martin to thrive! Changes are going on and many more to come with Martin, from what i can see it's for the better. But i won't put a unrealistic edge to opinion and fact for the sake of being the cool one on here or AT.

But i did shoot the 2013's and am very impressed with the shootability. It's a step in the right direction. Time will tell whether it was to late to come out of the tailspin..........
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 12-17-2012 at 06:20 AM.