Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waitng for next year.....its not too long to wait

Post Thanks / Like

Next season starts at the end of last season here. Thinking about making a trip to some wintering grounds soon, the Mulie's will be bunched up in the BitterBrush till March. Then there's shed hunting and bow tweaking, clothes shopping, need another dozen arrows built, thinking about feathers. Coyotes that need killin. Getting in whatever shape I can after a very cold winter so far. Working on friends bows,etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice read.

From time to time I have stumbled upon some great relics, but have never gone searching for them. I have always wondered what the original owner would think if he saw the world now ?????

I shot a buck one year and got a good pass through, but didn't find the arrow. He was standing in some cattails. About 5 years later while doing an early spring scouting and shed hunt I found that arrow. A carbon GT hunter, took it home and refletched it. I marked that arrow to keep track of it and shot a buck that year with it. The arrow lodged in the far side shoulder and snapped off when he ran through the heavy tag alders. It was a fitting end for a good arrow.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Come on August. Last year was kind of a bust as 300+ head of cattle moved into my set up 3 days before I was to hunt it and the deer just melted away. CAUTION on picking up the ancient one's stuff it is highly illegal. My best read this year was Pope's book Ishi. I have one trail camera out that I will check after the first of the year. It's never too early to start scouting. I seldom find any sheds here as the rodents really chew them down in short order, but you guys that can I envy you.
    My 13 year old Rough Coated Collie's name is Ishi. I am hoping Ishi makes it until spring. Arthritis has slowly taken it's toll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    Next season starts at the end of last season here. Thinking about making a trip to some wintering grounds soon, the Mulie's will be bunched up in the BitterBrush till March. Then there's shed hunting and bow tweaking, clothes shopping, need another dozen arrows built, thinking about feathers. Coyotes that need killin. Getting in whatever shape I can after a very cold winter so far. Working on friends bows,etc.
    Bob that sounds like a perfect way to pass the time while waiting for next year.

(Life is what happens while your making plans)
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.