Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Diabalo TD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics and fletched vs unfletched spread that I cannot remove.

GROUPING.jpg

Not sure that these pics are being attached. Took my bow out to the shoot today and everyone had lots of complimants on the bow.

That little plastic site did break off with barely a knock. I clued it back and reinforced it with JB weld. Is working great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try again.

It keeps down loading the large images when I selected the ones I made smaller
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks sweet!
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet rig! I kinda want one.

If you can't get your unfletched arrows to fall in, you probably need to check your spine, your arrows seem to be too stiff if the unfletched are flying that far left....
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unfletched tunining

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Very sweet rig! I kinda want one.

If you can't get your unfletched arrows to fall in, you probably need to check your spine, your arrows seem to be too stiff if the unfletched are flying that far left....
    I went back to the Shop and a guy rechecked the charts and said I should be good with the 500 35# to 40# I am shooting at 30 inches.
    I had 100 grain tips and went to 60 grain. He said I needed to go lighter. But it made no change. Tuning guide said I should have gone heavier. Guess I will go get some heavier tips. I would hate to buy all new arrows. I have 14 of them.

That grouping was on my second day with the bow and only about 40 shots at 20 yards.
    I know I will get better after some practice. Been changing something after every group.

Could the bow be so unique that the recurve arrow charts don't work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default String is unraveling from the tip.

I shoot about 36 to 48 arrows a day. Seems like the strings sent with the bow are not to good as mentioned in other threads. I ordered a new one when I picked up my bow but haven't heard from the shop yet about that. Getting better. I also ordered some heavier tips. 125 grain to help in the unfletched arrow grouping.
    Liking the bow and getting better all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default disappointed in Martin

Well guys, I've waited long enough and made enough calls to martin directly about making a left handed diablo. They simply won't do it. It went from maybes to irritated "no" and I'm moving on. If anyone knows of a traditional rendezvous coming up in Florida, Georgia or South Carolina, don't be shy, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I wonder why they wouldn't make a left hand.

With programming and NC machine it seems like it would be simple to make a mirror image once the design is done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevtech View Post
    With programming and NC machine it seems like it would be simple to make a mirror image once the design is done.
    You are correct. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to. Maybe sales wouldn't be high enough.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Also, Martin is closing, so that would be a reason in itself. By the way, nice shooting.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com