Thread: Been bit by a Tiger, Bengal that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been bit by a Tiger, Bengal that is.

60lb peak Bengal is heading my way Granson will start wearing this one out when he can pull 35lbs, after Grandfather breaks it in for him If I am correct I should be able to turn this down to 25lbs. Looks like I'll be listing a 2010 Diamond Iceman 50-60lb bow in the classifieds after the Bengal gets set up. Any tips on the Fury Cam will be welcomed.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats bob!. There's one under the Christmas tree here at home. I can't wait for my son to open it.

Don't forget the pics when it arrives!.

Post Thanks / Like

I'am torn between stripping the old bow or buying new stuff for the Bengal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob cooly View Post
    It deserves new accessories! I don't like putting old stuff on new equipment. Just last week, we had the same situatation, ES is making a custom gunstock for a customer, who sent an old cheapie recoil pad for it. So here we have the New Hotness wearing the old and busted. Elkslayer is known as ElkSlayer6x5 on this board.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...,270559.0.html
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 12-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bob, love the Bengal! it will serve him well!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

New!!

Congrats to grandson, he's getting an excellent bow. I'm sure you'll do a great job of breaking it in.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bengal has arrived! That was quick. OPS did it again, this is the third package in a month that came damaged, really it says Fragile right on the box. Whats wrong with oops any more, I inspected the bow and there dosn't appear to have any damage. So now the process begins to turn it into a functional hunting tool. Have a new Ripcord rest coming and have a IQ sight on my Iceman I will mount tomarrow. If the weather cooperates will spend some time with the Granson's flinging arrows, bought a Bobcat for the 8 yearold so he's got his own bow now. I wanted this bow for the ajustability as it will probably become the oldest first hunting bow when he can pull 40lbs. Of course grandpa will have to break it in for him.
    I sencerely hope Martin Archery continues to give us quality bows that you don't have to hock the wifes diamond to get.

AND TO ALL I WISH A MOST MERRY CHRISTMAS

Post Thanks / Like

Mounted a new Ripcord and A 4 pin IQ, d-loop and I am ready to shoot this bad boy. Show me some of the stabs you guys are using with your bengals. The IQ added alot of top heavy to this bow and I will probably mount a stab of some sort to help balance this bow out. It felt so nice before I mounted the sight, light and deadly is what I perfer, I usually don't hunt with a stabilzer but this seems like it will need something to balance it out. Thought I'd shoot it tommarow to settle the string before I put a peep in the string.

Post Thanks / Like

Mounted a new Ripcord and A 4 pin IQ, d-loop and I am ready to shoot this bad boy. Show me some of the stabs you guys are using with your bengals. The IQ added alot of top heavy to this bow and I will probably mount a stab of some sort to help balance this bow out. It felt so nice before I mounted the sight, light and deadly is what I perfer, I usually don't hunt with a stabilzer but this seems like it will need something to balance it out. Thought I'd shoot it tommarow to settle the string before I put a peep in the string.
    Run an Apache on mine without the extension bar. I like it.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I KNOW; pictures, pictures but the wifes camera burned up during Christmas from grandchild (hypophotoism). Took forever to papertune this thing in the garage, three shots and a perfect bullet hole I am playing with a diy pvc stab, 1/2"pvc, put some packing peanuts and marbles inside 24" long and it feels pretty good. As soon as the wind stops blowing I'll take her out and run with it. If it works like it feels in the garage I will build a short one for hunting. I normally only pull 50lbs, this came at 59.8 and I have no problem with the weight, think I will leave her alone and just shoot it.
    Been a tough Christmas as stepson's (2) dad passed away last week. Great young men, feel for them.