Thread: Getting ready for tourney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting ready for tourney

Good day ladies and gents,

I recently joined the local archery club in my home town (great people and a suprisingly eclectic selection of bows) and they will be hosting a 3d tourney in January (all archers welcome BTW). Having never participated in such an event, I wonder if there are any tips and tricks I should know.

Cheers and happy holidays!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

january in canada dress warm if it's outdoor tourney if it is I fined it harder to judge yardage in the snow try to use trees or a weed sticking out of the snow, indoor 3d's are fun, also just have fun use what you learned at this shoot to make you better for the next shoot or next hunting season
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

My advice to you, dont think so much, and have fun.

once come to tourney, its all about mind game.....

How i wish my place has a 3d course....
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

It's an indoor shoot, not sure if I'd be comfortable shooting outdoors in the cold, I don't mind the weather, not sure about my bow however. Am I being overprotective?

Thanks for the advice. Coincidentally, the 3d tourney is a once a year event for my club but they have a SWEET outdoor field range. It's just not available in the winter.

Still, joining the club means regular practice during what used to be my off season, my groups are already tighter and it's only been 5-6 weeks!

I'll be taking some pics of the shoot for posting!

Cheers!
    Durandal
    Scepter V
    53.4 # 29.5 DL
    Victory HV Arrows
    Finger Shooter "Instinctive"

Post Thanks / Like

As you mature in your archery career you're going to find that joining a local club is one of your smarter moves in life. You meet new people, some with extensive knowledge and willing to help you. If you become active enough you'll be surprised at how little you now know and how much you can learn.

As for the 3D shoot, just go and have fun. Take your time with each shot and make each one count just like you would in hunting. Don't forget to have fun and laugh. One thing unique about shooting indoors is that you don't have to worry about losing arrows. You might destroy a couple, but just consider part of the cost of playing the game.

For now just enjoy the moment and let it come naturally to you. You never know where it may progress to. Maybe nowhere. Maybe just more confidence for hunting. Maybe a professional career in 3D. It's all up to you.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver