Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody got some insight to the future?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody got some insight to the future?

Martin Archery for sale? For real? Found this on AT;

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1914290
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Martin Archery for sale? For real? Found this on AT;

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1914290
    Yes they are. That thread was posted by Martin. Gail wants to retire, and at 90 I don't blame him.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I give full props to Gail and thank him for a lifetime of great service to the archery community. I wish him well.

Does anyone have any ideas on who may be picking up the Martin torch?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been up for at least 2 years. So who knows!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting to know the asking price.

Post Thanks / Like

This news definitely disappoints me. I can't blame Gail for wanting to retire...I just thought one of the family would pick it up. Especially since I just bought a 2012 bow. Will 2013 be the last lineup then?
    "I love animals....they're delicious!!"

2012 Bengal Pro, Trophy Ridge Outlaw Sight, Trophy Ridge WB Sure Shot, Alpine BearClaw, Easton Flatlines, NAP Hellrazors, Truefire Huricane

Post Thanks / Like

Who ever buys them i'm sure will carry on the martin name. They'd be stupid not to Martin and archery go together like butter and toast.
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you will find its not a big deal when selling a company that size. I am sure that Gail Martin is no dummy and will make stipulations in the contract to keep the Martin name before selling it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with hutch. people forget that savage bought bowtech back in 07', i believe, and nothing has changed over there.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis - Sword Twilight Hunter Sight - QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away - WindJammer 7" Stabilizer - 438 Grain Beman ICS Hunter Elites - G5 T3's & QAD Exodus Swept Back Version

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's hoping the new owner keeps the good parts...

I am also surprised the family is not keeping the company, however that is their personal business and not for me to second guess. As a loyal Martin shooter for over 20 years, I just hope that whomever the new owner turns out to be will maintain the same standards of customer care and service that Martin always has. Long before I started shooting 3D tourneys and became a staff shooter (heck, before the internet was functional), I could call Martin and get them to sell me strings, quiver replacement parts, etc. direct since there was no pro shop within 2 hours of me. I made the mistake of buying a Hoyt kids bow for a nephew ONCE - received it without a cable rod, and took over 2 months going back and forth between Hoyt and the dealer to get a simple rod !

I appreciate the opportunity that I have had to represent Martin as a Silver Staff shooter for the last several years, as I have always appreciated their approach - excellent quality at a reasonable price, and their innovation.

I really hope that a shoot through system can be brought back into the line up, whether the company continues under the Martin family or an outside buyer. That system is so common sense in the elimination of cam lean, and the tuning problems that go with cam lean, that I cannot understand why everyone would not want to use it. Of course, the advertising dollars rule the sales numbers in archery, however with the Prime Centroid system, Darton's yoke system, Barnesdale's X system and now the OK Archery company essentially copying the Nitrous X cams, it would appear there is ample market demand for cam lean elimination design.

Until then, I will keep hoarding my Martin bows and NitrousX cams ;-)
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)