Thread: Trophy Taker Smackdown or NAP Apache Carbon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trophy Taker Smackdown or NAP Apache Carbon

For those that have used these rests, what are your opinions?

I want a full capture dropaway rest for my Firecat, and my current Trophy Taker dropaway will be going on my Jaguar.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Smackdown, as well as several older TT full containment rests. I personally prefer the older style that attached to the down cable. The new style seems to be a little bit louder, as well as harder to set-up. I also have a NAP Apache, though not the carbon version. I think it's pretty much a toss up between the two, with the NAP being quite a bit cheaper, but every bit as good. It's also lighter. Getting ready to try out a QAD if my new bow ever shows up. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I like the C Apache

Love the carbon apache on my pantera. Got it cheap offa eblay. Light and quiet and the side load is easier.Was easy to set up. No experience with TT.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with NAP. I do love all my TT Products. I have the Smackdown that connect to the lower limbs. it's so easy to adjust...even a Double S can do it.! It's that simple. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TT SmackDown

I just switched from a QAD HDX to a TT Smackdown FC...I really thought the QADs where quiet, and have nothing bad to say about QAD, but I didn't know what silence was until I installed a TT Smackdown on my carbon matrix...I don't have any experience with the NAP
    2012 Martin Scepter V 60#
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT 60#
    2008 Martin Bamboo Viper 45# @ 28" AMO 64"
    1973 Damon Howatt Ventura 66" AMO 25#

Sonny Thomas

Default Trophy Taker Smackdown or NAP Apache Carbon

I am not familiar with the Smackdown, but some with the standard Trophy Takers and all have been good.

The NAP Apache I do have experience as in I can't keep one for myself. Sold I don't know how many. When I get another I'm hiding it. Easy to set up, full containment, arrow will pick up where ever arrow is inside the cage. I have used the Apache on my target bows and had excellent results.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up getting a regular NAP Apache, and I totally like it. It's a very impressive rest.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com