Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bengal Pro - Adjustments/ noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default I did it!

adrenaline!!

i turned the limb bolts out just until i could see through the barrel nut and i was able to put the tension from the y-cable. i re-set the screws on the module and set the cable to the stnd-peg. it wasnt easy but you really dont need a press!!! (i believe its much more comfortable with a press though)

here are the pics, i hope the cam is set correctly now!!

DSC05422.jpgDSC05423.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck with the noise?
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Money Man View Post
    Any luck with the noise?
    yes, noise is much better, i shot my rampage again and then the bengal and theyre pretty much the same now when it comes to noise!! (of course the rampage repeatedly tries to take my arm off when i only think about creeping)

btw i have some trouble pulling that thing with the stnd-peg and the limb bolts in all the way, must be over 70#... but im confident that ill be able to pull it smoothely soon! i guess the wild boar will like that!!

at this point i want to thank all the posters who helped me out a lot with there tips, i really appreciate it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeiio View Post
    yes, noise is much better, i shot my rampage again and then the bengal and theyre pretty much the same now when it comes to noise!! (of course the rampage repeatedly tries to take my arm off when i only think about creeping)

btw i have some trouble pulling that thing with the stnd-peg and the limb bolts in all the way, must be over 70#... but im confident that ill be able to pull it smoothely soon! i guess the wild boar will like that!!

at this point i want to thank all the posters who helped me out a lot with there tips, i really appreciate it!!
    A little hint here. Try shortening the draw length on the Rampage about 1/4". It might take a little string twisting, but you'd be surprised what 1/4" will accomplish. If the bow has a module that can shortened in 1/2" increments try 1/2" shorter and see how that works.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

With the cam set on "STND" now and 70 pound limbs you will be drawing 70 pounds or a bit more. It is fine to set it to the -10 peg to reduce the draw weight and set the modules back where you had them for your draw length. The cam will be advanced, but that should not cause the bow to be noisy. Backing out both limb bolts the same amount of turns will also reduce draw weight; but again the draw length will change as the cam advances.

I do not think droppixel meant that having the cam set on -10 peg was wrong or bad and causing the noise; just that it is why the cam was advanced.

It is better; in my opinion; to set the cam on the -10 peg to reduce the draw weight to 60 pounds, if that is where you are more comfortable drawing the bow back. Drawing back more weight than you are comfortable with can lead to alot of bad habits, form, and reduced accuracy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    With the cam set on "STND" now and 70 pound limbs you will be drawing 70 pounds or a bit more. It is fine to set it to the -10 peg to reduce the draw weight and set the modules back where you had them for your draw length. The cam will be advanced, but that should not cause the bow to be noisy. Backing out both limb bolts the same amount of turns will also reduce draw weight; but again the draw length will change as the cam advances.

I do not think droppixel meant that having the cam set on -10 peg was wrong or bad and causing the noise; just that it is why the cam was advanced.

It is better; in my opinion; to set the cam on the -10 peg to reduce the draw weight to 60 pounds, if that is where you are more comfortable drawing the bow back. Drawing back more weight than you are comfortable with can lead to alot of bad habits, form, and reduced accuracy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeiio View Post

Depending on limb deflection it is very possible it could be maxing up to 74# - if it isn't comfortable or you are having a hard time getting a clean smooth draw - take a few turns out of the limbs. 1 turn generally/roughly = 3# or so give or take.

If you want to go with the -10# nothing wrong with that until you build up strength in the muscles and want to move to a higher draw weight, which in my opinion isn't really necessary. The muscles we use to draw our bows aren't ones that are commonly used, so it takes some building up.

Personally the one I have is 60# limbs and maxes roughly 64# when all in proper spec - I'll probably never go back to a full 70# limb should I buy a new bow in the future. I can pull 70# without any problems, but the mid-low 60# is just butter, especially when it's cold out.
    2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post

Personally the one I have is 60# limbs and maxes roughly 64# when all in proper spec - I'll probably never go back to a full 70# limb should I buy a new bow in the future. I can pull 70# without any problems, but the mid-low 60# is just butter, especially when it's cold out.
    Wise man. It's supposed to be easy. It's not a competition and a little less draw weight usually leads to much better accuracy, which is what it's all about.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Those knowing the Fury Cam, if you choose to move from the standard peg down, do you need to (tune the strings) or just move on the pegs? See how his bow was advanced on the -10 peg, is that normal or do you need to tune the strings to the cam? New Bengal here and curious so I can drop it down for the grandson to shoot. Mine was loud too, moved the string stop off the string slightly and I really don't care for the stock string silencers, will replace them with some whiskers soon. Also just ordered a Nap Apache to put on it.