Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I have owned a 2012 Cougar FC w/ Fury XT one cam, and it shot great. I like the riser design and the grip melts in your hand. I just have a 2010 Cheetah and cant let it go, so I sold the Cougar to help fund 2013. I have always wanted a Pantera and just never pulled the trigger on getting one. Either the Cougar or Pantera would be a good choice depending on what you want in axle to axle. Shoot them both and see which one feels better in your hand. Dont be afraid of the short a-a on the Cougar because it held and shot great.

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to this forum also.
    I bought a 2012 Cougar FC just before Christmas. I came across a great deal on the bow, while I was looking for Christmas presents for my son-inlaw and sons. I'm left handed and when I come across a smoking good deal on a bow in stock it is rare. Then to top it off a Pantera and Cougar. It actually came down to a choice between the Pantera and Cougar. I guess for me it kind of was a coin flip. I went for the Cougar because it was in black carbon weave, just something a little different.
    The draw cycle is smooth compared to what I was used to and both bows felt great in my hands. With all the adjustability of the Fury XT cam I can't wait to start getting this bow set up for me. I am still getting all the stuff picked out for setting it up. I need to get it set up and practicing with it ... whitetail bow season here starts in 8 1/2 months.
    Let us know what you decide on.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the tech forums, Mike. I hope your choice in bows works out for you. I think it's wise to get a jump on getting it set up and get used to it. 8 1/2 months will go by very quickly so it's better to start now than to wait till the last moment.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Well I settled on the Pantera and have it on layaway, can't wait to get it home. Still blows me away how light it feels for its length. Draw felt a bit harsh compared to my Bear Attack but I'm quite sure I will get over it with this bows shootability and adjustment potential. Thanks for the help and links and stuff, I will post my review once I get it out on the range.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldorj81 View Post
    Well I settled on the Pantera and have it on layaway, can't wait to get it home. Still blows me away how light it feels for its length. Draw felt a bit harsh compared to my Bear Attack but I'm quite sure I will get over it with this bows shootability and adjustment potential. Thanks for the help and links and stuff, I will post my review once I get it out on the range.
    You won't be disappointed. Pantera are very nice bows. Of course we expect to see pics asap when you get that beauty.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi welcome to the forum , I've got a Bengal Pro great drawing bow smooth and doesn't feel as heavy as some bows , though it takes some adjusting to get draw length and stop set , but once set its shoots great. Recommend! If you have any questions drop me a PM.
    2012 Bengal pro 70#
    Black carbon

Make your training a hell , so the real fight won't be.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Welcome,I am new to the forum also.i didnt see your thread until you had already purchased a Pantera,I think you made a good choice I also just bought a Pantera and so far I dont have any complaints. We need pictures tho.
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, all three of you! LOL
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Cougar! Only had it since Christmas but had been waiting to get it for awhile. I shot the scilencer and loved it, but when I got a chance at a really good deal on the Cougar I jumped on it. (they are basicly the same bow) Most important thing is to shoot them if you can and get what feels best. The fastest, hardest hitting bow out there is worthless unless you can shoot it well and enjoy it. From one newbie to another....Welcome to the forum!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site...........
    you won't be dissaappointed with the pantera.

I shoot the ridge hunters..............incredible bow from martin
    I just did a review of it on here. Read if you like.