Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your New years resolution?. It doesn't have to be archery related post up!.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile What's your New years resolution?. It doesn't have to be archery related post up!.

Resolution #1.

I start another round of my diet right after the first of January. On my first weight loss, I lost around 45 pounds total. I did gain about 6 pounds back in three months. I'm going back on my 500 calorie diet and a lot of Coffee and tea to drink. it's only 28 days. I want to get down to the weight I was when I graduated from the Correctional Peace Officers Academy. My Borderline type 2 diabetes never came back. I'm still using Stevia and still Gluten free.

Resolution #2.

Be a better father and husband....I can always improve.

Resolution #3

Step up my archery game and improve from the last year. I think if i lived closer to a big city..It would be easier to get to the next level mentally. I have no archers around to shoot with. Except for my son.

I Wish and pray that all my Martin Brothers and Sisters have a great New Year celebration...be safe..
    I pray that everyone has a better upcoming year with greater opportunities...I wish you all good health, great fortune and that your arrows fly straight and your Martin bow stand tall upon the winners podium!.

A Bowhunter Prayer

Clean Kill or No Kill, Lord

0 Lord, I am a hunter
    And life I seek to take
    But let me not attempt the shot
    Beyond my skill to make
    For Lord they are your creatures
    Given for our use
    But each one falls within your sight
    They're not for our abuse
    And when I loose my arrow
    Please guide it swift and true
    Or let it miss completely, Lord
    That pain be not undue
    A clean kill or no kill, Lord
    Such is my heart's desire
    Give me the skill to make it so
    Or let me hold my fire
    And when my time upon this earth
    The days they are fulfilled
    Grant that I may die at least
    As clean as those I killed

Timothy D. Cook
    Last edited by Double S; 12-31-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's...
    #1. Lose weight, I too am going back on my 500 calorie diet. I am right at 210 and want to drop down to 170, it will be a great help with my back.
    #2. Also be a better husband to Sue.
    #3. Win the marked yardage 3-D nats in Redding.
    #4 Win the unmarked 3-D nats in Yankon.
    And hold my titals in the Ca. State Champoinships.
    I know there are more things but I don't remember right now....LOL

I hope everyone has a great and safe Happy New Year.
    Don.
    I am sponsered by Louie Rangle-- Gator Feathers by Gator vanes...www.gatorvanes.com Deer Crossing Target shafts. Specialty Archery Timberdoodle ll rest. Bow String Depot Cables and String.
    I Shoot a 2012-SepterV and a 2011-Shadowcat
    I shoot Bowhunter, not barebow--fingers non-sights.

Post Thanks / Like

Try to be there more for all my fatherless grandchildren. Took the 2 boys and their friend shooting yesterday and never saw kids that happy playing any playstation or other garbage.
    Get myself able to use my climber, even if I can only get up 10'.
    Take my wife fishing more this summer.
    Get my negleted Jeep into better shape.
    Keep learning.
    Never quit.
    Pray more. The list goes on until I am called out of this world.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have some very honorable goals. Mine are fairly simple. Get back into the gym which I just joined and basically get healthier so I'm around longer for my grandkids. Lose about 10# in the process and get off the cholestrol and blood pressure medicine (both are borderline high). Keep coaching and teaching archery at the local club (kids mainly). Spend more money traveling to exotic destinations scuba diving.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

500 calories is to low it wil shut down your metabolism you need to be at 1400-2000 depending on your size
    MARTIN BENGAL
    THE NEED FOR SPEED
    WALMART PRO STAFF SHOOTER

Post Thanks / Like

my main goal is to try and find a second job(night shift)that wont get in the way of working at the cemetery so my wife can quit her job,or at least get her down to 2 nights a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan was to lose 25 pounds and get in shape for my 2 week hunt in Idaho this September. Plans changed due to the fact 12 of those 25# are already gone. Time to kick it in gear and drop another 10 more than my goal.
    A little common sense goes a long way, unfortunately it's in short supply!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on stage two of my diet. I'm down to 240. Feeling great. My goal is 210-220 before my Muley hunt starts in September. I'm not sticking to the diet hardcore like I did on stage 1. I'm at 800 calories and don't have hunger pains.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice guys! I didn't really have any resolutions this year; more of a stay on course type of deal...

• Already lost 20/45# I started working on at the end of summer... granted I gained 5 back this holiday season (didn't we all LOL)
    • Keep working on the mountain of debt with the end goal of being debt free (aside from the house) in 2 years.
    • Start going back to church (we've been away due to work but I'm finally on a new shift that has Sundays off)
    • Keep improving and learning in life (this includes being a father, husband, archer, hunter, etc. If we're not improving and learning all the time, what's the point? )

Double S, I love that bowhunter's prayer!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Be a better more efficient worker, which hopefully translates to more money. There by allowing me to save some money for a small tract of land. Be more friendly and less grumpy. Shoot straighter. Dump 20 lbs.
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)