Thread: how to restring the Martin rytera nemesis 2010 model with 1.5 cams!

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to restring the Martin rytera nemesis 2010 model with 1.5 cams!

20121229_174331.jpg

I was wondering if anyone knew how to restring the Martin rytera nemesis, 2010 model. I see the hooks that the string goes onto but can't remember what street goes to what hook! I also wanted to ask the question that when you do take the strings off I have been told they can untwist and if you do not have them twisted correctly when you put them back on the bow it can cause problems! Please helpme! I'm Also a new member to this site and I am not exactly sure how to post threads in the right section and I am intermediate when it comes to learning about taking down my bow. If anyone can help me with this question please feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail to j_farnsley85@yahoo.com .

Thanks guys!
    -Jesse

I'm uploading a picture of my bow, but I am on a cell phone and had to look for file numbers instead of pictures so if you see a picture of it and it doesn't look like a bow it's because I messed up LOL !

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! The manual has pics here is a pic hope it helps

Capture.JPG

Also be careful not to untwist the strings. But if you have lost any twists once back on the bow you can add or subtract to get the bow back to the right ata and brace height.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 01-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, We're glad that you joined us!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Super Thanks!

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you all for helping me out on this thread! The diagram was really helpful, and so was the links provided. Im glad I joined.. A lot of good info on here for people such as myself! Mr Barry Fisher set me up on some new B 175 limbs in trade for my B 195's.

Again, thanks to each and all of you, and for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Does that picture refer to the strings that hook to the cable guard/cable seperater?? Thanks! An how much for some strings.. Neon an Green to be put on my bow by your company? Also I liked your page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post

Capture.JPG

Also be careful not to untwist the strings. But if you have lost any twists once back on the bow you can add or subtract to get the bow back to the right ata and brace height.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post

Capture.JPG

Hutch
    ok heres a question .= that diagram has 2 white = strings (or arent they the cables?) ; and 1 black = string(? ) can you please clarify which string , strings , or cables need twisted/untwisted to achieve proper bow specs.

Post Thanks / Like

The white are the cables. Black is the string. To get the best results you should stretch each of them, measure their length, and twist or untwist until they are the specified length. Be sure the cables are exactly the same. The proper way to measure them is to stretch them under 100# of tension. If you can't do this then measure them the best you can and get them as close as you can. Put the bow together and see how it compares to factory specs with the limb bolts turned all the way in.. Don't get too concerned if the specs aren't right on. Close is close. Just be sure the cables are the same and the cams roll over into the flat spot of the modules at the same time. Then weigh the bow to see what the max draw weight is.

Do this and see what you get. Then we'll go from there.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for answering the question Barry, I saw it earlier but had to go fix a car. One way to measure your strings and cables is on a 2x4 put a good size spike in the 2x4. Hook you string on the spike and pull it as tight as you can, then put a spike in the other loop and nail it in. This should get your string tight and you can measure it from edge to edge. Barry explained the rest well so this should get you up and running.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com