Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PVC Stabilizer

Post Thanks / Like

A.S., you'll have to give us a full tutatorial on how you built this. Please .... step by step instructions complete with pics. What did you use in the interior and how well is it performing?

Longer than I want a stabilizer but I am still curious. Maybe if I set up a bow for taget only.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be making another one, so I'll post up a tutorial. You can make it any length that you want. If you don't want one that long, you could make one about 6" or so. I actually have nothing on the inside, and it does great. I feel about nothing at the shot.

I gathered ideas from different sources along with my own ideas and this is what I came up with.

A.S
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-04-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

The bolt in the end is for weight, and it has a nut and a locking washer to secure it.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Send one my way I will tell everyone how the performance is....
    Martin x-200 unsure of year
    2011 Mathews z7magnum
    2012 Mathews z7magnum
    2014 Mathews ChillR (on order)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilt15 View Post
    Looks great! Send one my way I will tell everyone how the performance is....
    Thanks.

After I post my tutorial you can then follow it and make one for about $10 including paint. The paint I used was Krylon Fusion spraypaint, and I believe it costs $4.36 at Walmart. With it you don't need any primer or sanding.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking stab....
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking stab AS.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

A.S

Post Thanks / Like

Ok A.S., I may have to try one... Good job!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

The stabilizer looks great. I may try to make one.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows