Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable bow press

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    But to be honest, I've never in 40 years, had my bows worked on by a shop.
    Congratulations. You need a gold medal for that.

I've only had limbs changed under warranty by a dealer, and that's about it.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input,looks like I'll be going with the bowmaster.I have one more question tho,do you have to back the weight down before you press it or can you use it under full poundage? Thanks Dale
    2012 Pantera Magnum 70#
    Oneida Strike Eagle 60-80#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dale817 View Post
    Thanks for the input,looks like I'll be going with the bowmaster.I have one more question tho,do you have to back the weight down before you press it or can you use it under full poundage? Thanks Dale
    I do and I don't. Just depends on what I'm doing. It isn't necessary, but does make some things easier to reliecve some of the tension. Think of it this way. The little bit you are flexing the limbs with the press is less than what's done when drawing the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeiio View Post
    i think its definitely better to use the adapter at all time, i was able to press my split limb hoyt with a bowmaster without any adapter though. -> its possible to press a split limb bow without adapter enough to make small adjustments on the string (peepsight instal.), however i guess you can not do any serious work on the cams without adapters...
    correct me if im wrong!!

btw: what do you do with past parallel limbs??
    For the past parrallel limbs you want the Nite Hawk portable press. Check the vidieos on their website.

I have it as well as the Bowmaster and Ratchetlock. Once I bought the ratchet I never used the bowmaster again. Looks like I'll still use the ratchet for most everything except the past PL limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bbjavelina View Post
    For the past parrallel limbs you want the Nite Hawk portable press. Check the vidieos on their website.

I have it as well as the Bowmaster and Ratchetlock. Once I bought the ratchet I never used the bowmaster again. Looks like I'll still use the ratchet for most everything except the past PL limbs.
    OK, so you have both and it sounds like you prefer the Ratchet Lock. Would you explain why? Not for me, but for others. I'm not going to go out and get anything new at the moment.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver