Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have one of those "Don't want to do jack" days??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever have one of those "Don't want to do jack" days??

Been having a few too many myself that has been killing me during the work day. Time drags by, but I just don't have the motivation to get anything going to maybe help the time move along a little faster
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Drop, I think it's called winter. I get them all the time after deer season is over. Spring tends to break me out of it though. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

i have them days all the time.get to work and start thinking about how many years of wrong placements,lack of record keeping,and just a general lack of people not doing ther jobs in many years past that i am trying to fix.brings a guy down quick.

my fix is this.2 Daughter,a house payment,car payment,loan payment plus all the other bills.jobs are hard to find and i cant afford to loose mine.so i start thinking about work one day at a time.ok,ok,ok and i drink 2 rockstars a day.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm that way all the time. I've got one shed that needs torn down, I have another that needs new siding. Need to replace the kitchen floor. Have some tree limbs that are pulling on the electric line to the house, but I need a longer ladder (32'). It's just too cold out right now and I know that after not doing much the last few months my body is going to hurt afterwards. Need to get back into the gym. There's always something to do and not enough time---or should I say motivation. And the older I get the worse it gets. I gotta get off my *** and start at least one of them. Once I get started there will be no quitting. Don't let anybody kid you. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    . Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    so very true.retirement is a full time job of its own.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm that way all the time. I've got one shed that needs torn down, I have another that needs new siding. Need to replace the kitchen floor. Have some tree limbs that are pulling on the electric line to the house, but I need a longer ladder (32'). It's just too cold out right now and I know that after not doing much the last few months my body is going to hurt afterwards. Need to get back into the gym. There's always something to do and not enough time---or should I say motivation. And the older I get the worse it gets. I gotta get off my *** and start at least one of them. Once I get started there will be no quitting. Don't let anybody kid you. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    just rent a 32 footer from HD or lowes for the day. imo the fiberglass ones feel lighter than alum does, and you really dont want to hit them lines with a 32 extended and a puff of wind makes you and that 26 7/8 draw lose it. can you say really top heav? if you really want to make it easy on yourself amd be safe rent a non self propelled -tow type bucket lift, the ones paint and pressure wash crews use for two or so story buildings .http://www.aerialliftequipment.com/inventory.php?id=285. should be able to find one at a commercial tool rental outlet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    so very true.retirement is a full time job of its own.
    You're correct, but how do you know this?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madman350 View Post
    just rent a 32 footer from HD or lowes for the day. imo the fiberglass ones feel lighter than alum does, and you really dont want to hit them lines with a 32 extended and a puff of wind makes you and that 26 7/8 draw lose it. can you say really top heav? if you really want to make it easy on yourself amd be safe rent a non self propelled -tow type bucket lift, the ones paint and pressure wash crews use for two or so story buildings .http://www.aerialliftequipment.com/inventory.php?id=285. should be able to find one at a commercial tool rental outlet.
    I can borrow a 32' aluminum to do most of the work, but definitely will get a fiberglass one for work around the electric wire. One zap from that would definitely recharge my pacemaker---if I had one. Don't matter, it would hurt. Another thing is that I plan on using my treestand harness. I kid around and tell the wife I could just tie a rope around my neck and keep it short enough that I won't hit the ground if I fall. LOL. Man, that would stretch me out some. I keep getting shorter as the discs in my back compress. Heck of it is I have a 35 year old son that doesn't want anything to do with climbing that high. Big pussy. Typical Gen Xer.

I'll probably wait till spring to tackle that. The other jobs can be handled from ground level or just a step ladder. Just gotta get started. Thanks for the hints though.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When I have one of those days I go down stairs and shoot a few rounds. Then everything just disappears.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

You're correct, but how do you know this?
    well most people hang out with folks ther own age.i cant stand most people my age so i hang out with people who are way older then me.better stories,better advice and all around good peple i can learn from.
    dont get me wrong i still have a few friend who are a couple years older then me but not many.