+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad

IMAG0473.jpg
    Found these two guys while I was muzzleloading down the street from my house! An 8 and a 13 pointer. The eight looks like he got hit during late bow season and someone lost him the 13 still had velvet on him and probably died from the bad case of CWD that we had come through this year! Sad to lose such nice animals!!!
    2013 Martin Onza XT
    NAP Apache Rest
    Trophy Ridge 3pin Cypher Sight
    NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Kwikee Kwik 3 Kwiver
    Truball stinger release
    CX Heart Attack 350
    100g Rocket Hammerheads

Bow String Depot

60% of the time it works every time!

WWW.shorewindshuntingfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is sad to see.

You can see the genetics in your area, the sets have the same basic frame.

Mike G

Post Thanks / Like

A real shame! Bury them in a corner of the back yard and let the beatles clean those heads up for you, after you dig them up, use bleach to whiten the skulls. Too bad about the CWD in your area, it might take a while before that problem goes away.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    That is sad to see.

You can see the genetics in your area, the sets have the same basic frame.

Mike G
    Thats'w aht I was thinking. Looks like a father and son/grandson team.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

What is really sad is the CWD. From what I could ever figure out is, once CWD is there; it is there forever. No way they ever get rid of the problem, only reduce it. CWD will take a certain amount of the population and it almost seems it's about the same percentage if the population is high or low. Just if you have a high density population it seems to be more of an outbreak than when there is a low population density. When there is a high population density there are more deer that will disperse into low density areas, seemingly spreading the disease.

Since it was found in the lower mid-Wisconsin counties I have read everything I could about CWD. It has been out west as far as they know since the 70's. Once they have detected it in a state, it is always there. This past year in Wisconsin, especially in southern, two thirds of the state, we had a severe hot and dry summer. The weather caused a breakout of a pest that was killing deer and many that saw the infested deer thought they were dying of "blue tongue". The Wisconsin DNR did not however put out any statement regarding it.

I do though think the Wi-DNR has been doing the best they can with available resources at trying to keep the tradition of whitetail hunting alive in this state. I am not sure however what will happen in the future. I sure as heck hope it does NOT go the way of Texas. It would be horrible to see our state owned lands become leased out to Outfitters just for the almighty "buck", (play on words here).

Sorry about going off in this direction, but .......

Mike G

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Michigan

Michigan had tons of bucks ruined from disease this year..
    michigan got hit really hard with EHD this year..............& knock on wood here......This winter is just as weak as last year's. It's suppossed to get up to 55 degrees this weekend. Reminding me of last year. I have a feeling this is going to be a trend every winter.............Tennessee winters!

I'm not complaining, but it's might effect the deer herd again.

Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestMichiganBowhunter View Post
    Michigan had tons of bucks ruined from disease this year..
    michigan got hit really hard with EHD this year..............& knock on wood here......This winter is just as weak as last year's. It's suppossed to get up to 55 degrees this weekend. Reminding me of last year. I have a feeling this is going to be a trend every winter.............Tennessee winters!

I'm not complaining, but it's might effect the deer herd again.

Time will tell.
    I haven't been a big fan of the past 2 winter seasons here in IL either. It stays too warm through October/November and sometimes into December. It is now January and we are just now seeing temps in the 20s and still haven't seen a measurable amount of snow. We get dusted and it is gone the next day.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droppixel View Post
    I haven't been a big fan of the past 2 winter seasons here in IL either. It stays too warm through October/November and sometimes into December. It is now January and we are just now seeing temps in the 20s and still haven't seen a measurable amount of snow. We get dusted and it is gone the next day.
    in west michigan..........we've had less snow this year than last year at this time. A noticeable amount!
    For 3 years now it's getting less and less.......
    it was in the mid 50's last week here.....and 40's previously before that. It's 30's now, but sunny, no snow, the light dusting melted off yesterday....

+ Reply to Thread