Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Z: Broken Hybrix Cams

Post Thanks / Like

Sending the Alien Z out tomorrow to Martin. They said that they saw this happen once before and will take care of it. I knew that they would with no questions asked. Best customer service hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    Cool, custom green module But less cool it broke that way. Surprising, I wonder how that can happen, even though there are of course high forces present.

Seems you haven't filed the 90 degree edges of the inner side of the module rounder. Haven't you experienced cable serving wear due to the sharp edge?
    Infact, i did use the 2000 fine sandpaper to remove the sharp edge. barely see by eye, but when u touch it, its rounded. and that why its green to cover the sanded area.

Im suprised too.....
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    Sending the Alien Z out tomorrow to Martin. They said that they saw this happen once before and will take care of it. I knew that they would with no questions asked. Best customer service hands down.
    great customer services.

i yet to get reply from Joel. maybe because of the festival season, im sure his email is fully loaded. and takes days for him to clear it out.

Hope i get my reply from them soon too....
    2014 Alien Nitro , Sureloc Challenger + Viper Scope, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Easton Carbon One 500, Doinker Elite Supreme, Carter 2 Special.

Post Thanks / Like

I email Joel, but he must be still out of the office. I called and left a short message and left my cell phone number and made sure that I had it on and near me. Branden called me back. I am sure that they are slammed right now with the long holiday and the ATA going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daiwateampenn View Post
    Infact, i did use the 2000 fine sandpaper to remove the sharp edge. barely see by eye, but when u touch it, its rounded. and that why its green to cover the sanded area.
    OK! I filed and sanded my modules somewhat more radically and wasn't perfectionist enough to do any paint work

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    OK! I filed and sanded my modules somewhat more radically and wasn't perfectionist enough to do any paint work
    Yumping Yimmity!! And why not?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    I email Joel, but he must be still out of the office. I called and left a short message and left my cell phone number and made sure that I had it on and near me. Branden called me back. I am sure that they are slammed right now with the long holiday and the ATA going on.
    And what did Brandon say?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon said that they have seen this once before and it is very rare. They are going to replace the cams, cables, string, and the limbs which had an issue prior to this. Once they have a chance to look at it I would like to talk to them again because it seems like the cam is very thin in the area supporting the pin. My Onza which has the nitro cams is noticeably thicker where the pin is located.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with Joel and the Alien Z is repaired and is being shipped out. I had an issue with a draw module on one of my other bows and he is throwing a set in with the Z. Martin Archery is awesome -- can't wait to be the Z home.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear they have you all fixed up Lab. Gotta love Martin's CS!
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.