Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Némésis 2012 and problems with Killer Vane 4"

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Némésis 2012 and problems with Killer Vane 4"

Hello !
    I live in France and I received in Christmas a Rytera Nemesis 2012 the last in Europe (specially imported for me) it was so nice, I love this bow! But I have a problem with my arrows X7 with Killer Vanes 4", they touch my control cable. But my others arrows, a Victory VAP with Xvanes 1.75 have no problems. My arrow rest was at 1" of the riser and at 55 yards with my VAP they're no problem! what's the problem with the X7 and the Killer Vanes 4", he's not possible to shoot this arrows with this bow?
    Thank you for your answers and excuse I for my English.
    Némésis 2012 035.jpg
    Némésis 2012 038.jpg
    with my VAP it's good but I want to shoot X7 indoor!!!
    WP_000982.jpg
    Excuse me for the size of photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you index your nock slightly so that your fletchings just miss the cable and still clear your prong rest?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

It 's possible but the vane touch very little the sprong rest. I test it tomorow and I say if it was good.
    They don't affect the fly of the arrow ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer.40 View Post
    Hello !
    I live in France and I received in Christmas a Rytera Nemesis 2012 the last in Europe (specially imported for me) it was so nice, I love this bow! But I have a problem with my arrows X7 with Killer Vanes 4", they touch my control cable. But my others arrows, a Victory VAP with Xvanes 1.75 have no problems. My arrow rest was at 1" of the riser and at 55 yards with my VAP they're no problem! what's the problem with the X7 and the Killer Vanes 4", he's not possible to shoot this arrows with this bow?
    Thank you for your answers and excuse I for my English.
    Excuse me for the size of photos.
    Congrats for the bow! I think my Nemesis was also one of the last ones in Europe - it was the last of Bogensportwelt's stock, anyway. I bought it before Christmas.

I am a little confused about your problem. I use Bohning Blazer vanes with the height of 0.568" and I have plenty of extra vane clearance with the Nemesis. The Killer Vanes you use have a lower profile of only 0.5", but on the other hand, I suppose you use a much thicker arrow. Still, I wouldn't expect to see so little (or lack of) clearance.

Is it correct that it is not a drop-away rest you are using but something like this: http://www.newarchery.com/products/a...iktune-800-73/ ? Shouldn't you have the cock vane down, not up with that arrow rest? This would give you some more clearance and also better clearance with the arrow rest.

Does the bow have severe cam lean? This could bring the string closer to the cables. My Nemesis has some, but it does not seem to cause any trouble.

One option would be changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside, such as this model:
    http://martinarchery.shptron.com/p/cable-slide

At least I think the grooves for the cables are close to the rod in that. I can confirm this later today.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 01-08-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: More ideas added

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post
    Congrats for the bow! I think my Nemesis was also one of the last ones in Europe - it was the last of Bogensportwelt's stock, anyway. I bought it before Christmas.

I am a little confused about your problem. I use Bohning Blazer vanes with the height of 0.568" and I have plenty of extra vane clearance with the Nemesis. The Killer Vanes you use have a lower profile of only 0.5", but on the other hand, I suppose you use a much thicker arrow. Still, I wouldn't expect to see so little (or lack of) clearance.

Is it correct that it is not a drop-away rest you are using but something like this: http://www.newarchery.com/products/a...iktune-800-73/ ? Shouldn't you have the cock vane down, not up with that arrow rest? This would give you some more clearance and also better clearance with the arrow rest.

Does the bow have severe cam lean? This could bring the string closer to the cables. My Nemesis has some, but it does not seem to cause any trouble.

One option would be changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside, such as this model:

At least I think the grooves for the cables are close to the rod in that. I can confirm this later today.
    Thank you for your answer.
    My rest is a Trophy Taker SS2 and it's not possible to take down the cock vane!! The bow have not severe cam lean, it was ok.
    For they arrows, my Victory are so good with Xvane 1.75" and the X7 2315 are so big !!! but changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside it's good idea!!!
    thank!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonza View Post

I checked this and you would get about 2 mm (or 1/10") more vane clearance with the cable slide model I linked.

EDIT (for some reason, I didn't see your response when I first wrote this)
    My rest is a Trophy Taker SS2 and it's not possible to take down the cock vane!!
    OK, it's different than I thought then.
    Last edited by Phantonza; 01-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

those x7 are considerably bigger than the VAPS so that alone will cause clearance issues for you. if you could turn the nock so that the white vane is perpindicular to the riser i think as long as it will work with your rest you should gain all the clearance you need

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is solved, I just turned the nock of 1 ° and it's so good!!! thank
    WP_000989.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

terriffic! great shooting!

Post Thanks / Like

You should post you target pins on the diy forum. Those are great!!
    2013 PANTERA w/ cloaked cams, PINK Meta peep, PINK/BROWN BSD strings, PINK/BROWN BowJax, Truglo Range Rover Pendulum Site, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2012 Onza III w/cloaked cams, Meta peep, Truglo Micro Brite, Shockwave Stabilizer
    2010 G5 Quest Primal
    True-Fire Hardcore and Winn Free Flight releases
    Maxima's tipped w/ RAGE broadheads (some w/ PINK fletching)