Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onza XT coming off Bowtech Diamond opinions

palu49

Default Onza XT coming off Bowtech Diamond opinions

A couple years ago I put the Old Tracer (deadly bow by the way) in the closet and got a bowtech diamond stud.. Well I'm still a Martin man at heart and was wondering what your opinions would be on me trading the Diamond in on the ne Onza XT.. Are they comparable bows to the Diamonds I know Martin doesn't put out crappy products but was just wondering if you guys would think this would be a good choice. Thanks Paul

Post Thanks / Like

The first Martin that I bought was an 2011 Onza, and it is an awesome bow. When I bought my second bow I shot the Heli-M, and the PSE EVO 7 thinking that I wanted to know what everyone else was talking about. In my mind the Heli-M and the PSE EVO 7 are really nice, but compared to the Onza I could not justify paying the extra cash. To me the draw cycles on all three are very smooth. The shots all feel pretty good with a slight advantage to the EVO -- but you have to remember we are comparing a 2011 Onza at $600 MSRP to the $1000 MSRP Heli-M, and $1000 MSRP EVO 7. I think that the new Onza XT is based on the Rytera Nemesis so the Onza XT could be better than the other two bows. You can't go wrong with the Onza, save some money so that you can buy more targets, and arrows because you will wear them out with Martin bows. Also they have awesome customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

GET IT!!!!! You won't be disappointed, I promise! The new Onza XT is last year's Rytera Alien XT, which has some really cool machining in the riser. However, there is no difference specs wise from the 2012 Onza 3... that being said, this time of year is a great time to pick up last years model at a great price if you shop around... I know KM Archery hut for example has 2012 Onza models starting at $399.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

palu49

So if I go leftover instead of the XT which is better the Onza 3 or the Rytera Alien? Thanks for the input guys Paul.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    The shots all feel pretty good with a slight advantage to the EVO -- but you have to remember we are comparing a 2011 Onza at $600 MSRP to the $1000 MSRP Heli-M, and $1000 MSRP EVO 7.
    What kind of advantage did you observe?

I think that the new Onza XT is based on the Rytera Nemesis so the Onza XT could be better than the other two bows.
    As already said, it's the same as last year's Rytera Alien XT - which is the same as Onza 3, but with a slightly different visual appearance.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

The 2012 Onza would have the nitro cams and the alien would have the hybrid cams. Knowing how much I like my Onza I would buy it at $400. Then get some good arrows with extremely tuff nocks -- you're going to need them.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2012 Onza would have the nitro cams and the alien would have the hybrid cams.
    Hybrix, that is. It's the same cam as Nitro, only machined differently inside for a different visual appearance

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by palu49 View Post
    So if I go leftover instead of the XT which is better the Onza 3 or the Rytera Alien? Thanks for the input guys Paul.
    Depends which one looks better for your eye Basically slightly different looks is the only difference between Onza 3 and Alien XT.

Well, perhaps Alien XT has factory installed string silencers (based on some ad pictures) that Onza 3 doesn't.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003

Post Thanks / Like

The EVO just holds really steady probably due to the let off being lower and the bow that I shot was very quite. My Onza is noticeably louder and requires some add ons to quite it. It really depends what you want to spend and what you want to do with it. I would shoot all of the bows that you are interested in and shoot them one right after the other if you can. Then let your wallet and you decide which is best. Don't forget about customer service either. I can tell you that the local shops in SW Michigan would rate them in the following order 1. Martin and Mathews tied. 2. PSE and a distant 3 to Bowtech. Apparently they haven't been nearly as responsive.

Post Thanks / Like

The EVO just holds really steady probably due to the let off being lower and the bow that I shot was very quite.
    You could experiment with Onza's draw stop for a lower letoff.

My Onza is noticeably louder and requires some add ons to quite it.
    Bowjax Slipjax (or similar) on the strings makes a huge difference with Onza's noise level. I even have measurement data about it, but you can easily tell the difference with naked ear. An the cost of string silencers is minimal.

Rytera Nemesis, 2012
    Martin Onza 3, 2011
    Hoyt CRX 32, 2011 (SOLD)
    Martin Phantom II, 2003