Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onza XT coming off Bowtech Diamond opinions

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    The EVO just holds really steady probably due to the let off being lower and the bow that I shot was very quite. My Onza is noticeably louder and requires some add ons to quite it. It really depends what you want to spend and what you want to do with it. I would shoot all of the bows that you are interested in and shoot them one right after the other if you can. Then let your wallet and you decide which is best. Don't forget about customer service either. I can tell you that the local shops in SW Michigan would rate them in the following order 1. Martin and Mathews tied. 2. PSE and a distant 3 to Bowtech. Apparently they haven't been nearly as responsive.

I can tell you that LaB rat is right on here. We live in the same general area and visit the same shops.

Martin and Mathews are the dominant bow lines being sold(mathews #1)....with Hoyt and bowtech / diamond 3rd and 4th place..ish. With Bear coming on strong!!!
    I just hope Ted Brooks Archery (kalamazoo, Michigan) keeps the Martin line for 2013. It would be a shame not to carry the awesome 2013's!
    Someone get the Martin Rep in at Ted's. He hadn't heard a peep from him in quite a long time (this was Nov. that Ted was saying to me) Sounds like this could be a area of improvement for Martin to look at....hint hint.

Get the bow dude......there shooters. Save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have talked to Brook's also and the way he talks is that the Bear line may serve as the line that replaces the Martin's that he once carried. I know a lot of people want to find value in everything that they buy especially in this economy and Martin provides that with their great designs for a reasonable cost. It truly is a shame that we can't get our hands on them. I wish that the local Gander Mountain would carry them because they blow the Diamond bows out of the water.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat View Post
    I have talked to Brook's also and the way he talks is that the Bear line may serve as the line that replaces the Martin's that he once carried. I know a lot of people want to find value in everything that they buy especially in this economy and Martin provides that with their great designs for a reasonable cost. It truly is a shame that we can't get our hands on them. I wish that the local Gander Mountain would carry them because they blow the Diamond bows out of the water.
    as we have pm awhile back about ted and carrying martin.
    i was afraid he might ditching the martin line in favor of the bear. He wouldn't come out and say it...he just said for now he had a martin account. He has a business to run though....understand that...
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; 01-11-2013 at 01:16 PM.

palu49

Alright thanks guys I'm gonna go shoot the Onza XT and if they have the other two as leftovers I'll try them out too