Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firecat / Cougar FC Nitro 2.0 cams IBO.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firecat / Cougar FC Nitro 2.0 cams IBO.

What are some of the REAL IBO numbers for a Firecat / Cougar FC 2.0 cam? They are advertised at "Up to 345 fps" Whats the real numbers guys are getting out of them?
    Bought a Martin, Then my wife gave me a Rytera so.......I joined the forum.
    Then won the Elite on Archery Talk.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver55 View Post
    What are some of the REAL IBO numbers for a Firecat / Cougar FC 2.0 cam? They are advertised at "Up to 345 fps" Whats the real numbers guys are getting out of them?
    I haven't chronoed mine since I've got new arrows, but according to the Chrono it was doing about 253 fps with approx. 432 grain arrows @ 60lb dw and 28" dl. I believe that number is a little inaccurate though. My arrows now weight about 370 grains and I have a dropaway rest on my Firecat now. When I get a chance I'll have to chrono it again.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    I haven't chronoed mine since I've got new arrows, but according to the Chrono it was doing about 253 fps with approx. 432 grain arrows @ 60lb dw and 28" dl. I believe that number is a little inaccurate though. My arrows now weight about 370 grains and I have a dropaway rest on my Firecat now. When I get a chance I'll have to chrono it again.

A.S
    Thanks!

I just bought a Cougar FC with Nitro cams and I am wondering what I can expect out of it. I don't have a rest or sites setup yet and I can't wait to shoot it. I just don't want to be let down when that 345 fps doesn't come out of it.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the arrow speed calculator, my new arrows should be doing around 287 fps. I used 340 fps as the IBO instead of 345 fps. Based on the calculator, my old arrows should have been doing about 268 fps. The calculator is usually quite accurate, so that's why I think my chrono results might have been off a little, probably due to lighting.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering the FC has the same cams as the Onza, which is rated 330-340, and has been proven (click here) to reach the high end (338ish) when setup properly, I don't think the FC will have a problem reaching the high end of its range (335-345).

One thing I have noticed, A.S., is that most of the speed calculators seem to be more accurate if you put in your true draw specs instead of your AMO draw specs...

One thing I honestly believe Hawkdriver, is that you will LOVE that new bow of yours! I have shot a couple of them, both the dual cam and the Fury single cam versions and they are SWEEEEEET! Congrats!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

When I had the bow AS has now (2011 Firecat), I was shooting 70# draw, 28 1/2 inch draw length, 383 gr. arrows @ 303 fps.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

The draw cycle on the bow feels GREAT. I find myself drawing it back acouple of times a day just to get the feel of it. I can't wait to get it set up and shoot it. From what you guys are saying it should be smoking.
    I am blessed.

Post Thanks / Like

i put 22 strand strings/cables on my cougar 2cam. 28.5" draw 352gr arrow 56lb draw chrono 289fps. I got faster speeds with 20 strand strings but it makes it too "snappy" sounding. 22 seems to be a good balance of speed and sound.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skidge View Post
    i put 22 strand strings/cables on my cougar 2cam. 28.5" draw 352gr arrow 56lb draw chrono 289fps. I got faster speeds with 20 strand strings but it makes it too "snappy" sounding. 22 seems to be a good balance of speed and sound.
    True I usually build 22 strands on the strings and 24 on the cables as a general practice. Seems to fit and perform better.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post

One thing I have noticed, A.S., is that most of the speed calculators seem to be more accurate if you put in your true draw specs instead of your AMO draw specs...
    You're right. I re-calculated using a 27" dl and got 258 fps. I shouldn't have doubted the Chrono.

A.S